PDA

View Full Version : My review - for what it's worth

ki4zbo
09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I've been a Packet8 customer now for about 3 years. I loved the service right up until they felt it necessary to raise my rates by 25% over the past 2 years. However, they were still cheaper than a standard land line. When I saw an ad for VOIPo, I couldn't believe the features and CONTROL available to me, the little guy. It took me 3 month to decide to even try it. I'm what I call an above advanced tech guy. Been in the tech industry for 30+ years. Some people actually wonder if my daughter is a robot. (yes, it's that bad) I laughed at the 1 page instructions I got that simply said, PLUG IT IN. But for all those not so advanced in the tech stuff, let me tell ya. It was that easy. Plug the phone in, plug the cable to the router in, plug the power in and you're talking!

As for the quality of the service. Unlike many people, I don't have DSL or Cable access at my home. I have a T1. So I have the dedicated bandwidth needed to power VOIPo without any problems. Here is something to keep in mind should you have "breaking up" issues. Most likely it will not be with VOIPo, but the amount of bandwidth you're getting when you're making a call. DSL and cable are SHARED with a LOT of people around you. So that "COULD" interfere with the line quality. Short of that happening, I think you will enjoy the benefits you will get with VOIPo.

To show you how much I feel this company is worth using, I have already replaced 1 line with VOIPo, I have already ordered 2 more lines and canceling Packet8. I'm getting 3 lines for what it costs for 1 via Packet8 (or you could look at it of my saving $44.00 a month).

So my final opinion thus far, no one comes close to these guys. Not even Magic Jack.