PDA

View Full Version : Private Calls coming through....

Montano
09-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Just started a few days ago, but now all calls from Private Callers are ringing through to my phone. vPanel still shows 'block calls marked as private'. I'll submit a ticket but wanted to see if I was the only one.

Montano
09-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's the email I got when I submitted the ticket:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> Montano,<BR>
<BR>
Your Ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Ticket ID: </b>AJS-546073<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Subject: </b>Private Caller calls ringing through<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Department: </b><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Priority: </b><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>Status: </b><BR>

VOIPoBrandon
09-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Just started a few days ago, but now all calls from Private Callers are ringing through to my phone. vPanel still shows 'block calls marked as private'. I'll submit a ticket but wanted to see if I was the only one.This option only blocks calls that are specifically marked / flagged as "Private". For a more effective Private Call Blocking solution use "Block All Unknown Calls" the next option in the list. This option will block calls marked as private as well as calls containing the following in the from header (case-insensitive):

"Private"
"Anonymous"
"Unknown"
"Restricted"

Let me know how this works out for you.

Montano
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Brandon, I'll make the change.

The calls coming through are shown as 'Private Number'.

VOIPoBrandon
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks Brandon, I'll make the change.

The calls coming through are shown as 'Private Number'.

The display of what is coming through is completely unrelated to the actual "status" of the call. The reason we provide the following three options:

A) Do not block private calls (do nothing)
B) Block Calls "Marked" as Private <-- the call must SPECIFICALLY be marked as private in order for us to block this call.
C) Block All Unknown Calls <--- blocks all calls that are marked as private, or not marked as private, but appear private, i.e. from header containing "Private", "Unknown", "Restricted", "Anonymous", etc....

The reason we give option B) is because some people wish to block private calls however unfortunately not all carriers and depending on who is calling you send the data differently when it reaches our network, i.e. for an intended public call it may come through as public, however have a from name of "Private", or it may even come through as something like "Private Detective", which option C) will flag and pick this up as a private call, unless the call is specifically marked as NOT Private, this also could occur in other scenarios similar to this. Also a carrier may send us a call marked as public yet intended private and they simply change the From header, yet not specifically mark the call as private, and vice versa.

In any regard you may imagine how carriers may deliver calls in a non-standard fashion requiring us to give different options to handle these calls.

Montano
09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Still a no go Brandon. Just got another call from Private Caller.

VOIPoBrandon
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Still a no go Brandon. Just got another call from Private Caller.

Looks like they were slipping through the cracks with a non-handled scenario, these calls were coming through as "unavailable"

We are now handling calls with this option that come through as the following:

"restricted" or "unknown" or "private" or "unavailable" or "anonymous"

Please let me know if these calls continue to come through, thanks!

Montano
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Will do, thanks !

Montano
09-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Didn't take long...... just got another call from Private :(

jazz4me
09-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I am experiencing the very same problem that just began on 9/14. I submitted a ticket on the same day. I tried what's been recommended, but the calls are still coming through.

Montano
09-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I can't duplicate it, but I just got another call and it shows in my call logs as 'Retricted' @ 3:31pm

VOIPoBrandon
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Please advise if any further blocked calls come through, this issue should now be fully resolved. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
________
Rhode island dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)