PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast Feature

digger16309
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I searched for this but couldn't find it.

Is there a feature where one can record a message and then have the ATA dial out several numbers and play the message to callers?

If so, can someone please point me to the instructions for that.

I couldn't find it in the control panel and I wasn't sure if this was a feature of Voipo or another service I used to have.

Thanks,

Digger

VOIPoBrandon
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Hello,

This is not a feature currently and unfortunately we do not have any future plans of implementation as this is not along the lines of standard residential use. However perhaps Tim can further comment on this. Have a great evening!
________
Teen Videos (http://teenvid.org)

VOIPoTim
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah that's a ViaTalk feature.

I know there are some uses customers have brought up where it would be useful like for PTA meetings, kids sports teams HOA stuff, etc but my biggest concern with it is that it would attract business users trying to use a residential plan since it's not a typical residential feature.

digger16309
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Also would be good for broadcasting medical updates on hospitalized patients. It's too bad it can't be implemented with some kind of limit on it so that business won't find it useful.

usa2k
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a business feature to me too.
A new VOIPo slogan suggestion.

VOIPo, we're all about the business of Residential Service.

bill875
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Wow, that would be a really nice tool for small get-together reminders and such. You could monitor it for abuse I would think.