PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Disturb Feature

limeybj
09-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Just switched over my main line to VOIPO and and so far very impressed with the service and level of customer support. One thing I would like to see, and it was recommended I post on the forums for feedback, was being able to a schedule for the DND feature. On my old VOIP service, I was able to specify a schedule for setting the DND, ie: Mon thru Fri at 445pm until 7pm, Weekends, or just specific days and times. It's not always easy to remember, as well as being a hassle to set the feature, every time you want it activated. Anyone else have the same thoughts?

usa2k
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I would consider that a desired residential feature.

fisamo
09-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Would love to see it. While you're waiting for it, though, you can use the API feature and a 'task scheduler' (there's one built into Windows) to get this same functionality, provided, of course, you leave your PC on all the time. This option has been discussed in other threads, but I don't think there's a detailed how-to posted yet.

limeybj
09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
It'd be nice to see an easy feature on the VPanel where you can set the DND schedule. ATT CV had a simple schedule setting page, with drop down menus for time and days etc. I'm sure there is a way on the Mac OS to do a similar thing you mention on Window API with a scheduler, but then your computer has to be on all the time etc. It would just be a lot easier to control it on the VPanel, for me anyway.

caseydoug
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
It is my understanding that VOIPo is considering this feature. It would be nice if schedules could be defined and then used for ANY routing task, not just DND. My last provider had this, and it worked great. You define the schedule in one part of the control panel, and then you can apply a particular schedule any place there is a routing or call treatment option.

voipinit
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, that would be a great feature to have the ability to set it in vpanel. I am using the API option with a scheduler which is an acceptable workaround, but it would be nice to not need a local computer to direct it. The computer wakes to run the task, then goes back to sleep.

FarmerMike
10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
In addition it would be nice to have a pin code to enable family to get thru the DND for emergencies.

limeybj
10-14-2009, 05:44 PM
With the ATT CV DND feature, when activated, the caller would hear a message saying "The party you are calling are currently not taking calls. Press 1 to leave a message" It gave an option of pressing 2 to bypass the feature. You could also record your own personal message which was great.

voipinit
10-15-2009, 03:36 AM
In addition it would be nice to have a pin code to enable family to get thru the DND for emergencies.

That would be a good option, but I have people I want to get thru whitelisted, the DND does not apply to any number whitelisted. However, when they call from a different phone, the flexibility of having a pin would be great.

mikeb
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm curious why the scheduled do-not-disturb feature is requested. Do you receive telemarketing calls at dinner time, or wrong number calls in the middle of the night, or is your mother-in-law calling too much? I don't receive any of these and would probably not use the feature. What kind of calls do you receive that cause you to request this feature?

GoPack27
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't want anyone to call me when a Packer game is on.

bwarden
10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
What kind of calls do you receive that cause you to request this feature?

Although we are on the do-not-call list, "research" companies and unscrupulous telemarketers call until 9pm, or later if, for example, they're calling from overseas and don't bother to keep track of time zones. We don't want the phones to ring while (and after) we're trying to get our son to bed by 8pm. With an automated option, we can stop unsolicited callers and avoid having to proactively inform and remind all our acquaintances that we wish not to take calls after 7pm.

We use whitelist entries for those few whom we know will only call us after hours in an actual emergency.

And yes, I do have a cron job taking care of it for now.

fisamo
10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Frankly, I'd like a DND timer - turn on DND for 3 hours, after which it turns off without intervention. I used that with CallVantage all the time after my wife worked night shifts...

VOIPoTim
10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
For those looking for scheduling for DND, check out this link:

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1686