PDA

View Full Version : Voipo Down ?

Montano
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Just me, or anyone else on west01 down ?
All other adapter up and running fine. I made a call on Voipo about 1/2 hour ago and all was fine.
I did reboot, but no luck. PAP2 say 'can't connect to login server'

First time in many moons I've been down.

rx100
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm havin the same issue all day today. I'm also on west01. Even now the service is down. Ticket (CEV-692033)

@ 6:57pm PST Just performed a second reboot(RT31P2) and now service is restored.

VOIPoTim
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Do those of you with issues have anything hardcoded or are you using our provisioning?

If using provisioning, please make sure you have a ticket open so we can take a look at your account.

We routed all traffic away from the west node this afternoon so no one should be assigned to it at this point.

VOIPoTim
10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Looks like both of your accounts are connected now.

rx100
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks Tim,

I have a quick Q for you. Why is it required to manually powercycle the device?

VOIPoTim
10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Tim,

I have a quick Q for you. Why is it required to manually powercycle the device?

It shouldn't have been. We had 3 tickets in with users saying they were down. So something happened but if only to 3 people it's hard to say what.

We'll look into it more though.

Montano
10-07-2009, 05:17 AM
I guess this is why BYOD users are a pain in the @$$, but how are we to know that we should move off of a particular server ? Email perhaps ? I'm still on west01, so what should I change it to ?

rx100
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I guess this is why BYOD users are a pain in the @$$, but how are we to know that we should move off of a particular server ? Email perhaps ? I'm still on west01, so what should I change it to ?

Mine was a VOIPO provisioned equipment and I still had the issue.

If it is VOIPO provisioned equipment, we won't be able to change the server since the vpanel won't know anything about the device or it cannot contact the device to change the server remotely. So even if I receive an email, its not going to help.

walletless
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
+1
VOIPo provisioned equipment, connected to west01, and was down all morning. Wifey just called me from her cell to inform me.. I have moved myself to central node for now.. but something is definitely wrong here..

VOIPoBrandon
10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
+1
VOIPo provisioned equipment, connected to west01, and was down all morning. Wifey just called me from her cell to inform me.. I have moved myself to central node for now.. but something is definitely wrong here..

We are not currently experiencing any network issues.

If you are currently down, please shoot me a PM with your account information / and or submit a ticket and respond here with your Ticket-ID. Thanks!

voipinit
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Just pick 1:
sip-central01.voipwelcome.com
sip-east01.voipwelcome.com
sip-byod.voipwelcome.com

I am BYOD as well and you shouldn't complain, if it's a bother to you, get a provisioned device.

ptrowski
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Just pick 1:
sip-central01.voipwelcome.com
sip-east01.voipwelcome.com
sip-byod.voipwelcome.com

I am BYOD as well and you shouldn't complain, if it's a bother to you, get a provisioned device.

Obviously it was affecting some people who were provisioned so that doesn't mean an automatic fix.

VOIPoTim
10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Obviously it was affecting some people who were provisioned so that doesn't mean an automatic fix.

Just 3 reported issues though. 3 out of thousands isn't much.

chpalmer
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Tim-
will west01 return? I want to adjust my firewall rules...

I see the recent change but I need to adjust based on IP... :)

ptrowski
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Just 3 reported issues though. 3 out of thousands isn't much.

Oh I understand, but just kicking to the "if you are byod don't complain" line is not always correct. It wasn't a knock on voipo at all, just a general comment that provisioning doesn't cure all ills comment.

walletless
10-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I am still having this issue even after moving to central01 server. I am not sure what is causing this, but it is VERY intermittent. The phone worked all day since afternoon (when I switched to central01), but now again I get no dialtone and no incoming calls (as of 11:50pm PST 10/7/09). I have opened a support ticket (TQA-598294), but am very dissapointed overall with the service reliability. I have even lowered my rating on dslreports.com

May be just 4 people are experiencing this problem, but it really does not help my when I am among those 4. I am looking at other service options now, but unfortunately, my number porting request from viatalk is complete, and VOIPo now has my number.. because of this, I cannot cancel my VOIPo service within the 30-day trial period :(

burris
10-08-2009, 06:55 AM
I am still having this issue even after moving to central01 server. I am not sure what is causing this, but it is VERY intermittent. The phone worked all day since afternoon (when I switched to central01), but now again I get no dialtone and no incoming calls (as of 11:50pm PST 10/7/09). I have opened a support ticket (TQA-598294), but am very dissapointed overall with the service reliability. I have even lowered my rating on dslreports.com

May be just 4 people are experiencing this problem, but it really does not help my when I am among those 4. I am looking at other service options now, but unfortunately, my number porting request from viatalk is complete, and VOIPo now has my number.. because of this, I cannot cancel my VOIPo service within the 30-day trial period :(

When trying a new service, a good practice would be to first test the service for a month...before porting your number...to be sure the service is satisfactory for you. Then...ask for a port..
I think there were some BYOD people among those 4 who had a problem.

For me, I've been around since the beta days, and except for some glitches typical of every VOIP provider on the planet..as well as a blip on occasion from the POTS world..my service has been fantastic.
I don't remember the last time my wife complained. That is the acid test.:p

fisamo
10-08-2009, 08:17 AM
@walletless--

Out of curiosity, which adapter do you have? I'm sure that support will work you through all configuration/provisioning issues that could be contributing to your problem. If you have one of the Linksys RT31P2 adapters, consider connecting directly to the modem (if you don't already)--see if this resolves the issue. If you have a PAP, can you put it in DMZ as a test? I'm generally less than optimistic about DMZ solving the issue, but with the PAP not having a LAN port, your only other option is to make it your sole connection to the internet. :eek: That approach usually isn't the best one for intermittent problems...

rx100
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
FYI. With that reboot from day before yesterday and moving over to central01, solved my problem.

walletless
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
@walletless--

Out of curiosity, which adapter do you have? I'm sure that support will work you through all configuration/provisioning issues that could be contributing to your problem. If you have one of the Linksys RT31P2 adapters, consider connecting directly to the modem (if you don't already)--see if this resolves the issue. If you have a PAP, can you put it in DMZ as a test? I'm generally less than optimistic about DMZ solving the issue, but with the PAP not having a LAN port, your only other option is to make it your sole connection to the internet. :eek: That approach usually isn't the best one for intermittent problems...

RT31P2. Unfortunately, my home wiring makes it very inconvinient for me to keep the ATA connected directly to the modem. I will have to keep the setup the way it is.

fisamo
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Surely rewiring your home is a trivial exercise as a part of troubleshooting your VoIP service... {/sarcasm}

I'm not sure what options support has to monitor individual users' devices when they have frequent reports of misbehavior (such as this), but if there's such an option you should request it. That may point out where the failure is occurring. I usually don't like to jump to the "Replace the TA" solution as an early troubleshooting plan, but maybe you would be better served with a PAP2T. Of course, you could always dig your spare PAP2T out of the closet (doesn't everybody have at least one?) and put the BYOD sip credentials on it to see if it will stay connected to the sip-byod server. I don't know how often you make international calls--outgoing int'l calls are not allowed on the BYOD server.

burris
10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I too, would vote for the PAP2T, but he needs to have a router in order to do so..

walletless
10-09-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't have a PAP2T, unfortunately (am I the last person to not have a spare one?)

I have flashed DD-WRT, opened up the required ports, turned off SIP ALG, and turned on IPSec Pasthrough. Let's see if that makes any difference...

Montano
10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
outgoing int'l calls are not allowed on the BYOD server.

I can't imagine they have a separate server for the 3 of us BYOD users ;)

walletless
10-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Btw, I am using a provisioned RT31P2, not a BYOD.. I am crossing my fingers that tomato was the cultprit, and dd-wrt will make things better. If not, I might have to check with Support on replacing RT31P2 with a PAP2.. but its too early for that IMO.

fisamo
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
To follow up on the BYOD idea, though... If you got a softphone on your PC and left it connected with the SIP credentials available in vPanel, that might be a good test platform. If the calls only 'ring through' on the softphone but not the ATA, you might be able to identify the ATA as the culprit. On the flip side, I'm not sure how much having a second registration to your account would affect the root cause of the problem, whatever it is...