PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding calls from Voicepulse

mikeb
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi, I switched from the excellent CallVantage service to Voicepulse when CallVantage closed. I've had several problems with Voicepulse such as echos, static, DTMF not recognized and dropped calls. So I thought I would try Voipo. I still have my Voicepulse line and recently ordered a temporary Voipo number. I would like to forward calls from Voicepulse to Voipo while I test the service. If everything works out I will port my number to Voipo.

This is my question. Could I experience the Voicepulse problems on my Voipo line because the incoming calls are forwarded through Voicepulse? Or is Voicepulse completely out of the loop when the call is forwarded to Voipo?

Thank you.

VOIPoTim
10-08-2009, 12:22 AM
When you forward the call stays connected through both providers the entire time, it doesn't just forward and "pass it on", so it's possible.

With the kind of issues you're talking about having though, it is more likely to be your connection to Voicepulse though than their main network forwarding out so more than likely you won't see them.