PDA

View Full Version : Incoming International CNAM

burris
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Just as a point of information, I just received a call from Japan from the following number..

81 72 455 1111

The CID location appears as Ft. Worth, TX. I suppose because 817 is from there. Not a problem for me, but might be for someone blocking calls from Ft Worth. Is this how VOIPo treats the digits on an inbound international call?

All the digits appear correctly in my call history log but begins with a +.

ritvoipo
10-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Something along the similar lines, I received a call from Canada area code - 905 and it shows up in the caller-id as (+90) 5xx xxxx. Where the last digit is lost. I did receive calls from other countries that day and it did not shows the correct caller-id.

It is not a problem, as I know the person or persons calling, just looks a little odd in the call history.

usa2k
10-09-2009, 10:16 AM
I got the right custom caller ID from Canada today on the phone.
The ID in vPanel Voice Mail was more generic, and did not match the CNAM in Call history. It claimed the house phone was a cell phone from ON. It was from 519-825-xxxx, Ontario.

No big deal for me,
but I put a ticket in so they can have a heads-up in the development part. [#DCD-997324]

I kinda wonder if they are doing tweaks to get Canadian Primary numbers in their list of offerings? I fear no such luck for the "great white north"

EDIT:
I see it said in VM to Email "Cell Phone ON" way back on 9-6-2009 also.
I guess nothing has changed in a while.
I know April 30 it said my custom CID in VM to email:)

caseydoug
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Slightly OT, but kind of similar, this morning I tried calling 1-239-768-xxxx (11 digits), and was taken to my voicemail (123). Dialing 10 digits worked fine, but there must be a tweak to the dial plan that would avoid this result.

walletless
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I was with ViaTalk for over 2 years, and all their "quick dial" numbers had to be pre-fixed with *
So I would dial *123 for voicemail, *01 for my first fast-dial contact, etc.
If I create an outgoing call route with "142", with VoiPO, I cannot use 11-digit dialling when calling the Seattle area (1-425-xxx-xxxx).

usa2k
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
And yet a * for inbound routing is a wild card.

Perhaps routing should have been 519??????? instead?
Then if outbound could use a * plus 3-4 digits ...

VOIPoBrandon
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Slightly OT, but kind of similar, this morning I tried calling 1-239-768-xxxx (11 digits), and was taken to my voicemail (123). Dialing 10 digits worked fine, but there must be a tweak to the dial plan that would avoid this result.

This has rarely been an issue, however the fix for this would be to allow time spacing between dialing digits (123xxxxx......) which means say we set it at 2 second gap before sending out, you would need to wait an aditional 2 seconds before the call was legitimately sent to voicemail. We can make this correction for you by simply putting in a ticket in regards to your dial plan.

I was with ViaTalk for over 2 years, and all their "quick dial" numbers had to be pre-fixed with *
So I would dial *123 for voicemail, *01 for my first fast-dial contact, etc.
If I create an outgoing call route with "142", with VoiPO, I cannot use 11-digit dialling when calling the Seattle area (1-425-xxx-xxxx).

I will be looking into this, I know we've had a quite long thread on custom call routes and the various scenarios quite a bit back in this forum.

caseydoug
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
This has rarely been an issue, however the fix for this would be to allow time spacing between dialing digits (123xxxxx......) which means say we set it at 2 second gap before sending out, you would need to wait an aditional 2 seconds before the call was legitimately sent to voicemail. We can make this correction for you by simply putting in a ticket in regards to your dial plan.

No, let's leave it as is. As you said, calling 1-23x-xxx-xxxx is much rarer than calling voicemail, and it can be easily implemented by dialing 10 digits.