PDA

View Full Version : Switching to VOIPo from Vonage

jlachowin
10-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to start a post of my number port from Vonage to VOIPo. I got my latest bill from Vonage today, and it keeps going up and up. I have Vonage 500 minute plan and its almost $26/month, they keep charging more for the federal regulation fee every other month, so bye bye.

For $18/month unlimited with VOIPo, seems like a much better choice. I emailed in my port authorization form and vonage bill, so hopefully it is ported quickly.

I will update as I get the ATA and the port is completed. Have a good weekend everyone.

Justin

jlachowin
10-25-2009, 08:35 AM
I got the adapter in the mail. I removed my Vonage adapter, and plugged in the VOIPo adapter behind my Linksys router and I am good to go. Call quality is as good as Vonage, but at a much cheaper price. Glad I switched!

VOIPoJustin
10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
We're glad to have you with us! :)

tylerscell1
12-29-2009, 05:00 PM
:) One happy ending

Gene Steinberg
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
:) One happy ending

My exit from Vonage was more troublesome, because they were trying to add early termination fees (quitting after less than a year) and a fee for the ATA device, even though I would have returned it.

I told them where to go and how to get there and left long long ago.

Glad to be here.

Peace,
Gene

abward
12-30-2009, 07:21 AM
For $18/month unlimited with VOIPo, seems like a much better choice...

You should just sign up for the yearly plan, which comes to $11.25/month, and you will save even more. If you cancel later, you will be refunded at the same $18/month proration anyway, so you have nothing to lose, and probably more to save.