PDA

View Full Version : BYOD Users: Available Nodes

VOIPoTim
10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Here is some updated info regarding available nodes.

BYOD Users:

If you are a BYOD user, you should configure your device using the information in your vPanel under the Softphone/BYOD tab.

sip-byod.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

Grandfathered BYOD Users ONLY:

If you're a grandfathered BYOD user when we allowed it without restriction, your credentials will work on all VOIPo nodes. Here are your options.

sip-east01.voipwelcome.com (Washington DC)
sip-central01.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

Node sip-west01.voipwelcome.com has been discontinued and is redirecting to Dallas. We are reviewing options for a potential west coast node in the future, but were not happy with the performance of that node since it connected to Dallas on the public network and latency/internet events affected database queries and other connections to Dallas. East connects on a private network to Dallas to avoid the public internet and this is what we're going for in a future west coast node as well.

Montano
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you very much for this info Tim. I have switched from west to east so let's see how that works out.

burris
10-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you very much for this info Tim. I have switched from west to east so let's see how that works out.

I've been on east for the longest time and have no problems..

jrodgers
10-20-2009, 07:44 AM
My control panel shows: sip.voipwelcome.com

do I need to change to sip-byod.voipwelcome.com?

Both resolve to same IP.

-Joe

Warus1
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Is there anyway to use one of the many old Callvantage TA's on VOIPo?

dteague
10-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Is there anyway to use one of the many old Callvantage TA's on VOIPo?

I thought I read over on broadbandreports that is wasn't possible. I have one sitting on a shelf now as well. I also had a couple from Sunrocket on the shelf as well before I tossed them.

If someone could figure out the CV ones, that would be great.

fisamo
10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
The DVG-1120M seems to be pretty easily 'unlocked'. The others, to my knowledge, have not been tried. The CV market didn't seem to be big enough to get too many people interested in unlocking their devices.

caseydoug
10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Here is some updated info regarding available nodes.

BYOD Users:

If you are a BYOD user, you should configure your device using the information in your vPanel under the Softphone/BYOD tab.

Grandfathered BYOD Users ONLY:

If you're a grandfathered BYOD user when we allowed it without restriction, your credentials will work on all VOIPo nodes. Here are your options.

sip-east01.voipwelcome.com (Washington DC)
sip-central01.voipwelcome.com (Dallas)

Node sip-west01.voipwelcome.com has been discontinued and is redirecting to Dallas. We are reviewing options for a potential west coast node in the future, but were not happy with the performance of that node since it connected to Dallas on the public network and latency/internet events affected database queries and other connections to Dallas. East connects on a private network to Dallas to avoid the public internet and this is what we're going for in a future west coast node as well.

Tim, are you discontinuing the West node for non-BYOD users as well? I just checked, and it still says I'm connecting to West (non-BYOD), although I supposed it could be redirected.

On an unrelated note, I was recently in Italy and needed to make some calls to U.S. toll-free numbers. I cranked up the soft-phone on my iPhone, which uses the softphone/BYOD node, and all the calls went through as if I were calling from home. I was particularly impressed because my internet connection was through a cellular (MiFi) modem. Audio quality was just fine!

tritch
10-22-2010, 04:44 PM
About 5 months ago, Tim mentioned in this thread that the west node was still active:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,24291571?hilite=

FYI...Back then, I tried using my credentials on the south node in Houston, but it wouldn't work. I guess this one is reserved for special use.

gatorsean
01-07-2011, 10:09 PM
*bump*

I got my linksys spa922 today and I'm trying to register it with VOIPo so I can then use my asterisk box but I receive the dreadful red letter message that my phone has not been registered yet.

I will try to do a reset on the phone but for those who are familiar with Linksys phones, do you fill in the Proxy and Registration with the sip-byod.voipwelcome.com and then your telephone number and password?

thanks for any help from the bYod folks.

chpalmer
01-07-2011, 11:53 PM
*bump*

I got my linksys spa922 today and I'm trying to register it with VOIPo so I can then use my asterisk box but I receive the dreadful red letter message that my phone has not been registered yet.

I will try to do a reset on the phone but for those who are familiar with Linksys phones, do you fill in the Proxy and Registration with the sip-byod.voipwelcome.com and then your telephone number and password?

thanks for any help from the bYod folks.

You must first plug in and let register the ata that VOIPo provides.

gatorsean
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
What if you do not have an ATA device?

VOIPoTim
01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
What if you do not have an ATA device?

We don't actually sell service without an ATA. I'm assuming you're a HostGator employee based on your username and activated a HostGator employee account (which is a special account type and doesn't include an ATA). In that case, you'd just contact support@voipo.com from your @hostgator.com e-mail and we'll provide the SIP credentials you need.

gatorsean
01-08-2011, 01:50 AM
We don't actually sell service without an ATA. I'm assuming you're a HostGator employee based on your username and activated a HostGator employee account (which is a special account type and doesn't include an ATA). In that case, you'd just contact support@voipo.com from your @hostgator.com e-mail and we'll provide the SIP credentials you need.

Tim,

Thank you for everything! I have been looking at a lot of VOIP companies and yours is quite amazing. One company doesn't even setup your account for 2-3 DAYS! You're the CEO and its very early in the morning and you're typing in the forums. Amazing.

I'll email your support group.

babaganoosh
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Looking in my control panel I see it says to use sip.voipwelcome.com, but the first post in this thread says:

which should I use?

energyx
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
They both point to the same IP. I would use sip.voipwelcome.com since it's on the credentials page.

babaganoosh
01-19-2011, 08:15 PM
thanks for your help