PDA

View Full Version : An AWESOME feature request....

ki4zbo
10-10-2009, 03:15 AM
A PRE-MESSAGE before the phone rings.
One of the biggest problems I have is the number of wrong numbers. If there was a way to announce a message then ring my phone, I bet that would cut down the number of wrong numbers. Even one step further, press 1 to leave a message.

usa2k
10-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Or, announce, then "Press 1 to connect", thus reducing auto dialers.
I like your thinking!

jfrizzell
10-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Google Voice has a feature like this. You can choose to have unknown numbers announce themselves before they are connected to you. That would be a nice feature!

ki4zbo
10-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Or, announce, then "Press 1 to connect", thus reducing auto dialers.
I like your thinking!

Or even better, 1 step further. A random single digit (other than 0) to connect.
I love it. Now it's time to get the VOIPo masters to get on it. :)

rx100
10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Voicepulse's "Telemarketer Block" feature is also very effective. The caller will hear a short tone (just like the one for a disconnected phone number) before your phone starts ringing and that triggers removal of your number(robodialer) from the telemarketer list.

usa2k
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
If cell companies can play songs to the caller, instead of ringing, does that mean they connected the call? If you get a lot of LD inbound, are you guaranteeing the caller has termination fees? I guess they must. That is revenue for the cell company each time.

VOIPo could be accused of trying to get additional revenue by the extra call handling. Voicemail likely has the same termination costs to the caller's service.

I expect this involves a different method of internal call routing, and is not just a hand-off to a switch. (Wish I were more technically savvy about this.)

SpuriBib73
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Is there a way to request a change in your actual username? In any case, just wondered.

VOIPoJustin
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Is there a way to request a change in your actual username? In any case, just wondered.
If you have an express account (where you picked your username from the start), then you certainly can -- simply submit a quick ticket to our support team at support@voipo.com. Conversely, all Residential Services have pre-set usernames that can not change.

D.stept
11-14-2009, 02:05 AM
I would like to see a feature that you can upload a picture of your car and in real time, add/subtract parts to see how they look on your car. Wheels, body kits, everything.

Russell
11-14-2009, 07:59 AM
I would like to see a feature that you can upload a picture of your car and in real time, add/subtract parts to see how they look on your car. Wheels, body kits, everything.

And, then materialize in your garage for free?

Emily
11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Id love to have a "User Chat" feature where we could chat, in real time, with other MEMBERS not guests on the site. Id love to get to know some people a little better, and an online chat would allow for that.

Gord

usa2k
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi Emily,

If you join DSLReports.com them have IM.
This site also can pass messages, but DSLR is more friendly.
I am at http://www.dslreports.com/profile?find=usa2k
DSLR is free to join and VoIP Tech Chat (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip) is a great place to hang.

Its free to join, or pay $10 for a lifetime premium membership.

johndavid
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.adsoluble.com/user/F/N.gifYep the user chat feature would be great

tylerscell1
12-30-2009, 09:35 AM

Yes just email support@voipo.com and it will submit a ticket and support should fix it withen 24 hours

MisterEd
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes just email support@voipo.com and it will submit a ticket and support should fix it withen 24 hours I tried that and they told me we are stuck with the phone number. :(

VOIPoBrandon
12-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I tried that and they told me we are stuck with the phone number. :(

There are different account types, in our residential offering -- the primary phone number on your account is your username. In our other offerings such as Express -- you can choose a custom username.

tylerscell1
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Express is the way to go! :)

VOIPoDanielC
01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
If cell companies can play songs to the caller, instead of ringing, does that mean they connected the call? If you get a lot of LD inbound, are you guaranteeing the caller has termination fees? I guess they must. That is revenue for the cell company each time.

Not really... Audio can be sent before a call is connected to replace the standard ringing sound. Once the call is connected, the "ringing" stops. This is called "early media".

You can tell which cell phone providers are using SIP in their backbone this way... ;)

Here's the RFC, if you'd like to take a look: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3960.txt

MisterEd
01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
There are different account types, in our residential offering -- the primary phone number on your account is your username. In our other offerings such as Express -- you can choose a custom username.

I don't have the EXPRESS, I must have the LOCAL connection. Maybe that explains my problems. :D

Uh, what's "express." :confused:

fisamo
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
"Express" is the local forwarding-only number. With an Express account, you can order a phone# with 300 incoming minutes for $5/mo (or $36/yr)--calls to this number are forwarded to any PSTN number or a SIP address. No outgoing minutes come with this service plan.

VOIPoBrandon
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't have the EXPRESS, I must have the LOCAL connection. Maybe that explains my problems. :D

Uh, what's "express." :confused:

Express is a forwarding service where you can purchase Toll Free Numbers, Local Numbers, or Fax Numbers individually and point them to a phone number, sip address, registration, or email (In the scenario of Fax Number). It is a pay per usage based service.

MisterEd
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
"Express" is the local forwarding-only number. With an Express account, you can order a phone# with 300 incoming minutes for $5/mo (or $36/yr)--calls to this number are forwarded to any PSTN number or a SIP address. No outgoing minutes come with this service plan. So it's basically a virtual number without needing voip service. Interesting option and reasonably priced.