PDA

View Full Version : Desktop SIP Phone for Voipo that is easy to setup

ddodell
08-18-2013, 08:28 AM
I am looking for recommendations of a SIP telephone that I can have sit on my desk and that will work well with Voipo and is easy to setup.

Would like to have a display so I can see caller id information.

Thanks

David

JacobsLive
08-18-2013, 01:04 PM
If you are looking for a free solution X-Lite from counter path should work fine. Limitation is that you can add only one account. If you want more advanced setup with multiple accounts, Bria (paid-version) from Counter path will work great.

ddodell
08-18-2013, 07:24 PM
I think there was a misunderstanding due to my poor wording.

I'm not looking for a Desktop solution for my computer, but a real telephone to sit on my desk top.

Thanks anyway

JacobsLive
08-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I think there was a misunderstanding due to my poor wording.

I'm not looking for a Desktop solution for my computer, but a real telephone to sit on my desk top.

Thanks anyway

Oops, my bad. It was not you, it was me who didn't pay attention.

I would suggest getting multi line or single line (according to your requirement) Grandstream Voip phones as they are pretty straight forward to setup and will work with voipo. Not sure if you get any support from voipo though. But all you need is your sip credential and it should work just great. Recently I pulled out voipo provided HT702 adapter and installed a Grandstream GXP2200 andorid based 6 line desktop phone and it works great with voipo.

I think basic 2 line Grandstream GXP1400 starts at $45 at amazon. Anyways, make sure you disable HD audio codecs when setting up desktop phones as voipo does not support them. If you leave them enabled in the allowed list, you may have voice quality issues.

ymhee_bcex
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM
There are hundreds of models; everything depends on your budget and features. I tried about a dozen, and all of them work fine with Voipo (note the comment about HD audio support in JacobsLive's comments). Ease of setup is inversely proportional to richness of features. For example, I was never able to configure second line (but frankly, I never needed it on IP phone, so I didn't try really hard).

On the cheap side there are Cortelco phones that are under $20 on Amazon - the sound quality is actually good, but you give up on a lot of features. However, most of the phone features take advantage of PBX functionality (eg., call parking, multi-line personality, etc.) that you don't have on a residential plan, anyway.

Good luck!

JacobsLive
08-19-2013, 11:56 AM
There are hundreds of models; everything depends on your budget and features. I tried about a dozen, and all of them work fine with Voipo (note the comment about HD audio support in JacobsLive's comments). Ease of setup is inversely proportional to richness of features. For example, I was never able to configure second line (but frankly, I never needed it on IP phone, so I didn't try really hard).

On the cheap side there are Cortelco phones that are under $20 on Amazon - the sound quality is actually good, but you give up on a lot of features. However, most of the phone features take advantage of PBX functionality (eg., call parking, multi-line personality, etc.) that you don't have on a residential plan, anyway.

Good luck!

Yes "ymhee_bcex" is absolutely right. It all depends on your need and budget. Regarding second line configuration; I guess you just need to repeat the same credential as on line 1. It does work for me.

wintek
08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I have been using Aastra SIP phones. They are easy to setup via their build in web portal.

http://www.aastra.com/aastra-6755i.htm

I have some sitting around I will get ride of very cheap if you are interested.

saj777
11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I am looking for recommendations of a SIP telephone that I can have sit on my desk and that will work well with Voipo and is easy to setup.

Would like to have a display so I can see caller id information.

Thanks

David

The OBi100 or OBi200 are low cost and easy to configure and manage.
The will work with $10 phones from Radio Shack, or more expensive phones if you want caller ID.

Ansextra
11-26-2013, 11:55 AM
I telework and just have standard Panasonic Dect 6.0 phones with a speakerphone in the base. They work fine.