PDA

View Full Version : Having a few problems

Kevyn
10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I've already submitted a ticket, evidently I'll get an answer tomorrow. But anyway...I was hoping someone here might be able to give me some advise. Here's my submission...

Whenever I make an outgoing call it takes anywhere from 5 to ten seconds for the call to connect and begin ringing.

I'm getting no caller ID info at all on incoming calls.

I'm told by friends and relatives that their calls to me are going straight to voicemail. When they do call...I get no caller ID and when I answer the call I get dead air.

Here's my setup.

I have a Motorola SB6120 cable modem. My cat 5 cable runs from the modem to the internet port on the back of my Linksys BEFSR41 four port router. I have two PC's and the RT31P2 phone device plugged into the ports on my router.

When I try to log into the RT31P2 the page times out everytime. I have no problem logging into my router.

Can you suggest a settings adjustment on my router to make this work and solve these problems?

**In addition to the above I have since had to adjust my setup and run the RT31P2 directly behind the modem and then run my router behind the RT31P2.
This setup seems to work better. I can now recieve incoming calls. It still takes 5 to 10 seconds for an outgoing call to connect, and I still get no inbound caller ID. The other problem I have is running my router behind the RT31P2 reduces my bandwidth quite a bit as well as running my net connection directly from the RT31P2.

One more thing to add...when I call someone they're reporting that their caller ID is showing the virtual number I was issued and not my ported number.

********** Everything is fixed ***********

The guys in tech support were able to take care of everything! Wonderful!!!!!!