PDA

View Full Version : Primary number losing connection

bwyatt
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Today I've been having trouble with my primary phone number. The line loses its connection (light goes out on the device) and I have no dial tone. I have a softphone connected to it also and it continues to work properly. The vitual number I have assigned to the second phone jack on the device continues to work properly (light on the device stays on).

I can remedy the problem by unplugging the device and plugging it back in, allowing it to recycle, but after an hour or so it goes out again.

On a much less important note, I have the setting set to send a SMS message to my cellphone if a voicemail is left. This feature does not appear to work.

I've submitted a ticket, but wanted to kick it around here to see if anyone else has or had similar problems and/or suggestions.

usa2k
10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Do all three numbers have a unique port #?
My number and cloned line have 5060 and 5061.
Just wondering what the soft phone has and if it overlaps the ATA port?

MEANDERING THOUGHT:
I theory a good router would successfully get many ATAs all set to 5060 to the right place as long as they had unique IP addresses. Some routers it seems can get confused routing NAT IPs. Port forwarding is sometimes used to overcome NAT and firewall issues. Of course you need unique ports to unique addresses to do port forwarding. I personally hate a need for port forwarding - I would replace a router before living long-term with port forwarding.

bwyatt
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Ok, a bit over my head here. How can I assign a unique port number to each line?

bwyatt
10-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Support fixed the problem. I was having a conflict with assigned ports on the router.