PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous Ring Updated - Call Hunt, Caller Announce and Multiple Destinations

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
We're happy to announce that our latest version of Simultaneous Ring has been pushed out. This version fixes a lot of the bugs in the last beta version and is redesigned to include a lot of additional functionality.

- Various bug fixes

- Call hunting option

- Auto answer toggle

- Caller announce

- Call handling menu

You can access it under Features - BETA - Simul Ring.

Ring All

With Ring All, your calls will ring your VOIPo line and an external destination both at the same time. Whichever call answers first will take the call.

Ring In Order/Call Hunt

With Ring In Order/Call Hunt, you can specify up to 2 external destinations and incoming calls will ring one at a time in order starting with your VOIPo adapter for the amount of time you specify.

Auto Answer/Caller Announce

When auto answer is enabled, your call will immediately be connected when you answer any ringing phone.

When auto answer is disabled and you answer a simul ring destination phone, you will get a menu announcing the caller and giving you 3 options to handle the call.

1 - Accept the call

2 - Send to voicemail

3 - Ignore the call (Call continues to ring other destinations)

This is especially useful if you have a cell phone as a destination number since if the cell phone voicemail comes on immediately, it would be bypassed since you would need to press 1 to accept the call.

burris
10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Tim.....

All I can Say is....WOW!

bwyatt
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah... what burris said!

Really impressive Tim.

caseydoug
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
This is great! Just a clarification, however: "When auto-answer is disabled and you answer a simul ring destination phone" you get three call handling options. However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.

burris
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I activated the find me along with simul ring and when trying to answer a call on the main line...nothing.
After I de-activated the feature, it took about 15 seconds to kick in before I was able to call out.
Now, back to normal, except I get the stutter tone when receiving a dial tone...but I don't and never have the system voicemail turned on.

burris
10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I did access my voice mail and discovered that the first incoming call mentioned above...went right to voice mail, although I have it turned off..

My settings were findme...ring all...auto answer not checked.

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM
I did access my voice mail and discovered that the first incoming call mentioned above...went right to voice mail, although I have it turned off..

My settings were findme...ring all...auto answer not checked.

Burris, one thing I just noticed.

Can you see if your "Ring Seconds" were set to 0...that would trigger failover which may be hardcoded to voicemail which would be a bug.

Two tickets on that (set to 0) already so we need to make that default to a few seconds instead of 0.

burris
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, mine were both set to 0

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, mine were both set to 0

OK. Just up it to the desired number of seconds and it should solve it for you.

burris
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
With findme set to ring all...2 seconds on each...no auto answer...when I call from my cell that is the destination for simulring, while the main line is ringing, a recorded voice comes on saying "the person at extension 305 932-xxxx is busy..your message will go to voice mail"

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 05:44 PM
With findme set to ring all...2 seconds on each...no auto answer...when I call from my cell that is the destination for simulring, while the main line is ringing, a recorded voice comes on saying "the person at extension 305 932-xxxx is busy..your message will go to voice mail"

Try setting it to about 10-15 seconds. 2 seconds isn't long enough to ring a whole ring so it's "timing out" and going to VM.

We do need to fix it so that if you have VM disabled it doesn't go to VM.

:)

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
However, if you answer your primary phone -- not a simul ring destination phone -- you do NOT get the call handling options, correct? At least this is how I hope it works.

Right. Only on the external ones. If you answer the VOIPo phone, it'll immediately connect.

burris
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
With both set to 15 seconds, I called from another phone that is not on the destination, the call answers right away on the main line...when answering on the destination cell, a voice says.."you have received a call from 1-761-xxxx and it offers the 3 choices.

When calling the main line from another phone, even after I answer on my destination cell, the main line rings a few additional times even after I answered on the cell. No problem..just mentioned it, but it works ok.

When calling the main number from my destination cell, it answers right away with no problems.

burris
10-19-2009, 06:07 PM
One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.

VOIPoTim
10-19-2009, 06:13 PM
One additional observation....

We talked about the scheduling as related to disabling the simulring so the call does not hit the voice mail on the cell when it is turned off.

I turned off my destination cell and with the findme set to ring all...15 seconds...no auto answer, when I call from another line, the call goes right to my main line. For me, this eliminates the problem of setting a schedule. The cell on-off does this for me for the simulring issue.

Yeah that's the main reason we put in the "Press 1 to Accept"...lots of complaints about cell phones being off and taking calls before with old one.

frankd1
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Awesome feature!! Any chance of setting up some SMS commands to toggle and configure?

caseydoug
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Another question: I currently have my wife's cell phone set up for "no answer transfer" to her VOIPo line. That is mostly because she doesn't use voice mail on the cell phone and wants all messages to go to the VOIPo voice mail. What happens if I now set up Call Hunt on her VOIPo number to ring her cell phone? Will this create a loop, or will it time out and send the message to her VOIPo voice mail?

What if instead of Call Hunt, she uses Ring All? I seem to recall that this caused problems in the past.

Thanks.

burris
10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?

VOIPoBrandon
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I just noticed in the SimulRing settings, that in findme...ring all...where the auto answer for the VOIPo line was previously left to toggle, is now checked as well as greyed out.

Evidently this was pushed out from the server. What does this now do that it didn't before?

Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.

burris
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Burris this was a simple "appearance change" as the VOIPo line if answered always takes the call, effectively meaning "auto answer" is always enabled on this line. We are just showing this behavior, as before it was not correct.

As always, I thank you.

tyrodome
12-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty happy with Voipo. My biggest complaint is that the RING ALL option
will ring only 1 external destination apart from my Voipo line. (CallVantage, my
last provider, allowed 4 external destinations to ring simultaneously, for a total
of 5.)

I'm sure that many users, including me, would like to have RING ALL ring the
Voipo line and 2 external destinations simultaneously. Even better would be 3
or 4 external destinations for the RING ALL option, but I'd settle for 2 external
destinations.

If someone at Voipo were to bear down on this, I'd bet that it could be implemented
in two hours flat.

Why are we restricted to just 1 external destination for RING ALL?

When might we get at least 2 external destinations for RING ALL?

--- Voipo Tim wrote:
>> Ring All --With Ring All, your calls will ring your VOIPo line and an external
>> destination both at the same time. Whichever call answers first will take the call.

gls101
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm sure that many users, including me, would like to have RING ALL ring my
Voipo line and 2 external destinations simultaneously. Even better would be 3
or 4 external destinations for the RING ALL option, but I'd settle for 2 external
destinations.

When might we get at least 2 external destinations for RING ALL?

I definitely agree. The lack of this means I had to set up the following:

Google Voice is permanently set to simul ring my two cell phones. Also on GV is a Gizmo5 VOIP phone at home, which is also set to simul ring.

So when I go out the door, I forward (NOT simul Ring) the Voipo line to Google Voice. If I get a call, it's forwarded via GV to the two cell phones and the Gizmo phone at home.

It works OK when everything is working, but obviously there are now THREE separate points of failure - Voipo, GV and Gizmo5. Of the three, Gizmo5 is by far the least reliable - it seems to fail to ring at least 20% of the time. No way around that, though. It's the only VOIP phone that will work with GV.

I need to have a phone ring at home when forwarded, because I have a tendency to forget to unforward the phone when I return home, and sit there looking stupid while all my calls are going somewhere else :) .

So, if at all possible PLEASE add one more line to the simul ring total.

Gary Sanders

fergessen
12-16-2009, 01:07 PM
SimulRing needs main number PLUS THREE others to be usable.

That would allow us all to dump Google Voice.

(The support VOIPo wouldn't have to provide to users trying to implement connectivity with Google Voice {for SimulRing-type features} would make it worth VOIPo's expense for the programmer's effort.)

When one factors in VOIPo Connect and SimulRing PLUS (AT LEAST) THREE,
VOIPo can start advertising a complete package to toss the Google Voice kluge.

Other than that, you guys are doing a fantatic job.

Yes, FANTATIC.

Thanks a ton.

Eric

fergessen
07-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Will the RING ALL option EVER ring more than 1 external destination apart from my Voipo line?

We are still stuck losing alot of calls to (our current kluge: GoogleVoice)

Please let me know, anyone?

VOIPoTim
07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
This on our on feature request list and will be considered for future development.