PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Suggestions

jondavisct
11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I noticed the scheduling feature in Beta and started to utilize it. We have this feature on my other ViaTalk lines so was psyched to see Voipo start to use it.

The basic scheduling does some of what we need but I would like to see a little more advanced functionality to make this truly useful.

Think of this for teenagers in the house where you cannot control access to the telephone.

I would like to be able to setup a period of DND so that all calls route to Busy or preferentially to a custom message.

However, if I have WHITELISTED someone, then that call can come through. If I am working late, I would still want to be able to get through but all my daughter's friends can not call after 11pm for instance.

I also would like to tie the scheduling into the Call Routes. So again assuming my daughter, I would like limit the times when she can CALL OUT. Again using whitelisting, I would want her to be able to call emergency numbers, my office etc. but not to her friends.

These features would make this very useful.

statustray
12-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Now that would be nice if this feature could be implemented. Where DND could have the feature to block outgoing calls too- except for emergency or whitelisted numbers.

Awesome indeed!!

;)

ki4zbo
12-17-2009, 02:52 PM
+1 on this!!!!

However, be able to limit calls IN and out. My daughter gets on the phone at midnight and talks to 2-3 in the morning ON SCHOOL NIGHTS even. I would live to control it to so that only incoming calls based on a whitelist will come in, as well out white listed outbound calls. This way it could be set up so that when ALL calls are set to go to VM, only the ones in the white list come through and ring. And should I be away from home and she needs to call me at 2am, that call would go through, but should she try to call her friends, it will not.

caseydoug
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I find leg irons more effective. :)

Kaelin
03-11-2010, 08:29 PM
+1
Hate bringing up older posts but I like this idea.
However I need something a little different. I would like to be able to add individual phone numbers to the schedule. Even after repeated requests, my father-in-law insists on calling during or after we are putting the kids to bed. I would like to be able to send specific incoming calls at a certain time straight to voicemail.

usa2k
03-12-2010, 04:47 AM
+1
Hate bringing up older posts but I like this idea.
However I need something a little different. I would like to be able to add individual phone numbers to the schedule. Even after repeated requests, my father-in-law insists on calling during or after we are putting the kids to bed. I would like to be able to send specific incoming calls at a certain time straight to voicemail.It would seem if DND could be set to a Group,
that could do the trick. Individual numbers could get unwieldy.

Create two entries for two groups ... three entries for three ...

Also, does whitelist get blocked by DND?
If not, you could not include him on the whitelist,
but whitelist kids and such.

(VOIPo is preoccupied with Reseller plan just now.)

bwarden
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM

Whitelist entries do not get blocked by DnD. I use this myself.

Kaelin
03-14-2010, 06:51 PM
It would seem if DND could be set to a Group,
that could do the trick. Individual numbers could get unwieldy.

Create two entries for two groups ... three entries for three ...

(VOIPo is preoccupied with Reseller plan just now.)

Thanks,
I'll have to try that.
Scheduling doesn't seem to be working for me though. I set it to go to my voice mail at 8:00pm and the end task at 11:00pm is set to disabled. It doesn't disable though. DND goes to my voicemail at 8:00pm but it stays that way forever and never disables itself.

normduquette
03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
I have not tested this but are the start and end times accurate for my timezone or do i have to buffer them for TX central time.