PDA

View Full Version : pricing

crazyk4952
11-15-2009, 09:40 AM
If I sign up with the current promo, how much will VOIPo cost to renew in two years when the promotion is over?

mikeb
11-15-2009, 10:38 AM
No one can answer that, not even Voipo. It depends on demand and market conditions.

Russell
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
If I sign up with the current promo, how much will VOIPo cost to renew in two years when the promotion is over?

Obviously you're considering VOIPo because they're attractive to you at the current moment. I'd say sign up (and you get an extra month, iirc, if you use a referral :-)) and see how things work for you during their 30 day trial period. Two years from now you'll definitely have an opinion about VOIPo based on your experience. My philosophy has been not to switch services to save a few bucks if my experience has been very positive. Believe me if you go purely by price there are some really bad services out there and unless you want endless headaches those few bucks you save a month are not worthwhile - you really want a dial tone when you pickup your phone, you want a call to connect when you dial a number, etc. Most services offer new customers a better deal than renewing customers, which is understandable from a business standpoint.

crazyk4952
11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
True no one will know what the price will be 2 yrs from now. What do current users pay to renew their account for another year?

It just bothers me if a company offers really good deals to attract new customers, but does not offer the same deal to retain their existing customer base...

usa2k
11-15-2009, 04:19 PM
The deals have not changed much to contrast anything yet.
I am grandfathered into the Founder's Plan, so I get away with $99 annually.
(Not too far off the real world charges - mostly no support fees and a free Virtual Number.)

Us early beta testers are surely a minority here now.
Most probably paid $135 for a year, and renewed at that. ($99 + $36)

Russell
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
True no one will know what the price will be 2 yrs from now. What do current users pay to renew their account for another year?

It just bothers me if a company offers really good deals to attract new customers, but does not offer the same deal to retain their existing customer base...

This is fairly typical of many business. Most customers stay with the company for a long time if they're happy with the service they get, so it's worth it for the company to offer incentives to join. Think loss leaders in a grocery store. If they offer the same incentive year after year to existing customers they could run at a loss. Of course, there are those who have no loyalty and hop from company to company each year. Speaking for myself, when it comes to renewal I go by how I've been treated and the quality of service (waf factor is important). And, yes, it there's a substantial difference in price I might be tempted but I would mention that to my current provider before I take any steps.