PDA

View Full Version : Rollover to line 2 if line 1 busy?

tesla
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
I currently have standard Verizon service and 2 phone numbers. It is set up so that if line 1 is busy, an incoming call rolls over to line 2. Is there a way to set up Voipo to have the same behavior? I understand that the Voipo second line is a cloned line. Would I need to purchase a virtual number to do this?

Thanks.

usa2k
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
The cloned line(Line-2) will ring at the same time as Line 1.

With a virtual number, and applying the upgrade to a separate Line-2,
you can do a similar effect where both ring together,
or you can do Call Hunt, where it can try Line-1, and on so many rings, calls Line-2.

Line-2 can use the Line-1 or Line-2 CID for outgoing calls,
or any Verified number found under Beta => Mobile.

Keep in mind this is in beta, but working well.
Keep in mind that Line-2 phone book/custom CNAM is separate from Line-1.
Keep in mind that Line-2 will fall back to Line-1 Voice Mail if not answered.
Keep in mind, the upgraded Line-2 cannot use Line-1 Voice Mail when direct dialed.

Your call filters from line 1 will work on Call Hunt.
If you plan to have Line-2 direct dialed, the call filters are separate from Line-1 call filters.

mrkarron
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I currently have standard Verizon service and 2 phone numbers. It is set up so that if line 1 is busy, an incoming call rolls over to line 2. Is there a way to set up Voipo to have the same behavior? I understand that the Voipo second line is a cloned line. Would I need to purchase a virtual number to do this?

Thanks.

I have been requesting a busy call transfer for quite some time now. The true answer to your question is no. With a virtual number and call hunt, calls to a busy line number one will first go to call waiting, then voicemail. Right now, the only option is to have both lines ring on every call which can be a little annoying.

tesla
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I have been requesting a busy call transfer for quite some time now. The true answer to your question is no. With a virtual number and call hunt, calls to a busy line number one will first go to call waiting, then voicemail. Right now, the only option is to have both lines ring on every call which can be a little annoying.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if "busy call transfer" is something that is on the horizon at Voipo?

johndavid
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the information. Do you know if "busy call transfer" is something that is on the horizon at Voipo?http://www.adsoluble.com/user/F/N.gif

I hope so it will convince me to join

FarmerBob
05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Years ago in my POTS days I had that feature with two separate lines and it cost me $0.50 a month extra. They called it EVO. It was great.

man
05-26-2010, 12:44 AM

Thanks.

Try Simu-Ring, you'd get similar results at the end.

Zion21
08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I hope so it will convince me to joinhttp://rewardslink.info/flash/images/72.gif

I wonder if this feature has been added yet. I also would need this feature; thanks for bringing it up.

burris
08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe I don't understand, but with the cloned line....when we are on a call on either line and another call comes in, not only will the CID show up, but the other line will ring...allowing the call to be answered.
This is normal functioning for me without any additional settings.

mrkarron
02-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Still waiting for the busy call transfer...

FarmerBob
02-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Maybe I don't understand, but with the cloned line....when we are on a call on either line and another call comes in, not only will the CID show up, but the other line will ring...allowing the call to be answered.
This is normal functioning for me without any additional settings.
What I think people are looking for other than the way it is, which is what I would like also, is when a call comes in the line you are on does nothing. You wouldn't know that a call was coming in, other than the other line ringing. (That call waiting tone is horrendous and interrupts my call.) Then when the second/Cloned line rings, it's as if it were a totally separate line and an unassociated call. I'm wondering if I can turn off Call Waiting, it might cause this to happen that way?

UPDATE:
In the VPanel, there is an area under Beta > Misc = FXS Port Control where the option looks to enable what we are asking for. I have shut off Call Waiting for both lines with Busy forward to VoiceMail default. If this does what it implies the outcome should be exactly what, at least what I am looking for.

Russell
02-22-2011, 05:32 AM
(That call waiting tone is horrendous and interrupts my call.)

Which adapter is this with? What version of firmware is running on the adapter?

caseydoug
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
In the VPanel, there is an area under Beta > Misc = FXS Port Control where the option looks to enable what we are asking for. I have shut off Call Waiting for both lines with Busy forward to VoiceMail default. If this does what it implies the outcome should be exactly what, at least what I am looking for.
I suspect this will work only if you have a cloned line, not an add-on line. In order for it to work with an add-on line, there would have to be a choice under "Busy Preferences" to forward to the add-on line (or to any number). I would love to see this.

FarmerBob
02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Which adapter is this with? What version of firmware is running on the adapter?
The Linksys PAP2T with 5.1.6(LS).

tritch
02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm wondering if I can turn off Call Waiting, it might cause this to happen that way?

UPDATE:

If this doesn't work, just log into your ATA with the "user" credentials and then go to tab "User 1" or "User 2" as needed and turn off the CW setting as highlighted in the attachment.

FarmerBob
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
If this doesn't work, just log into your ATA with the "user" credentials and then go to tab "User 1" or "User 2" as needed and turn off the CW setting as highlighted in the attachment.
After being asked what Firmware version I was running I went in to find it and while in there did some looking around and saw that these settings were changed to off when I made the change in the VPanel. So it did trickle over. At least it did for me. I was going to test it tonight, but have not had the time.