PDA

View Full Version : Fast busy with one number only?

Russell
12-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Call my wife at work from my VOIPo phone and get a fast busy. Calling the same number from any other phone works. Opened VHM-439863.

Russell
12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
The ticket was updated saying it was fixed. I come home and test it - still get a fast busy. Perhaps it's a feature not being able to contact the wife at work?

Russell
12-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Brandon fixed it this morning. Thanks!

Russell
12-17-2009, 09:40 PM
And the problem occurs again. Reopened the ticket this (Thursday) morning before 9 after several attempts to call that one number failed and still no response to the ticket. Just made another attempt and get a fast busy again.

voipoh
12-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Do you have sim-ring enabled?

Happened to my number a few hours ago. Callers got fast busy or ring then disconnect. The house phone never rang. Sim-ring 'ring all' setting was the culprit. 'ring in order' seems to be working.

Will submit a ticket in the morning.
During my testing I disconnected the PAP2 and the Failover did ring. I know sim-ring is beta, but should never affect Failover.

Russell
12-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Do you have sim-ring enabled?

Happened to my number a few hours ago. Callers got fast busy or ring then disconnect. The house phone never rang. Sim-ring 'ring all' setting was the culprit. 'ring in order' seems to be working.

Will submit a ticket in the morning.
During my testing I disconnected the PAP2 and the Failover did ring. I know sim-ring is beta, but should never affect Failover.

No simring enabled. Remember I'm talking about my calling out from my VOIPo phone to a non-VOIPo number. This has worked fine for months - but those "upstream carriers" keep changing and seem to be causing these issues. I've discovered that attempting to call a co-worker of my wife also causes the same issue.

roehrle
12-18-2009, 06:41 AM
I had the same problem but it was only on line 2 that I got a busy signal when someone called. James fixed it but several days later it showed up on line 1.Last night the internet and phone went out. This morning the internet is working but the phone is out. I re booted but still no phone. I 'll summit a ticket ..again

Russell
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I got a message late this afternoon that the issue has been fixed. My wife doesn't go back to work till hte New Year, so it'll be a while before I'll be calling her again on a regular basis - hopefully, it'll stay fixed this time.