PDA

View Full Version : Combating fraud.

usa2k
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm reading a thread and wrapping my brain around the prospect of being a VOIPo Reseller when its available. The calling pattern safeguards may be handy, and from a Reseller standpoint perhaps some of these alerts could trigger an EMail to the Reseller?

The customers affected unfairly are likely a very low occurrence. The cause and effect may not be endearing, but fraud will surely exist and needs tools to combat it.
I understand that you don't agree that it is a lot, but at 30 minutes a day of usage, that would put an account in the top 2% of our users in terms of amount of usage.

Statistically speaking, the average residential user uses 472 minutes per month. With VOIPo customers specifically the average is 386 per month right now.

Again, with this there are several things that trigger this in combination with usage thresholds, but I don't know the specifics of the full combination of things that caused your account to be erroneously flagged until I review it with those involved.

Again, our reps would have followed procedure with this and marked it as verified, it would be fine so that's the core issue to address.

Josh - GMX
12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Isnt there some sort of system like that already tho?

usa2k
12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
But will it be accessible to a Reseller?