PDA

View Full Version : Blocked Call Help

rschoey
12-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I have logged a ticket but we haven't been able to figure out the problem yet. Support says it is a Verizon issue.

I have a caller who has been calling my phone with no problems until around the 11th or 12th of this month. Now his calls will not go through. I have "block all unknown calls" checked and have not changed this. The caller is with Verizon Wireless and he went to Verizon today and they have checked his phone and can't find any problems on their end. They are trying to say the problem is on my end. When I turn off the blocked call feature and the number calls my house it is showing up on one caller id as "out of area" and on the other caller id as "private number unknown number". I have not done anything different on my side and all of a sudden it stopped working. The caller can't even call in using the *82 before my number. I have blocked my cell phone and called and it wouldn't let it go through but when I did *82 and my number it went through. Can anyone explain what is going on?

usa2k
12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
It sounds like something changed on the caller's end.

I've had that recently with my wife's work. She just calls with the cell now.
I'm sure it is something my wife's company changed.

The call shows in the Call Log with the company name as I have it in my VPanel Contacts. I could turn off "block all unknown calls" but it does a great job!

rschoey
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I've tried turning off "block all unknown calls" and it still won't go through. The only way it will go through is if I allow all block calls to come through. It wouldn't be a big deal but this is the only phone he has to call the house on.

MisterEd
12-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I have logged a ticket but we haven't been able to figure out the problem yet. Support says it is a Verizon issue.

I have a caller who has been calling my phone with no problems until around the 11th or 12th of this month. Now his calls will not go through. I have "block all unknown calls" checked and have not changed this. The caller is with Verizon Wireless and he went to Verizon today and they have checked his phone and can't find any problems on their end. They are trying to say the problem is on my end. When I turn off the blocked call feature and the number calls my house it is showing up on one caller id as "out of area" and on the other caller id as "private number unknown number". I have not done anything different on my side and all of a sudden it stopped working. The caller can't even call in using the *82 before my number. I have blocked my cell phone and called and it wouldn't let it go through but when I did *82 and my number it went through. Can anyone explain what is going on?

I'm having a similar problem with AT&T cellular calls here in NJ (virtually my entire familty is on AT&T). If I just use "block calls marked as private" they work fine but if I use "block all unknown calls" they get blocked and can't "unblock." The caller-ID on these calls is: CELL PHONE NJ then the phone number.

I too put in a ticket an they said they are working on it. I've been with Voipo since 12/7.

Edit: I just tested it on my 2nd line and now it is working, my cell gets through! Can't try my primary line because my wife is sleeping. I did call AT&T a couple weeks ago and they told me there was no "name" listed in my CID on their system so they added it. It's possible THAT is why it is now working but I have no way to test because when I call it still says "cell phone NJ" for the CNAM.

I wonder if you put their number in the WHITE LIST if it will disregard the blocking and pass it.

caseydoug
12-23-2009, 09:18 AM
One other thing to try is to add the number to your Contacts list. That will give them a "custom CID," which will put a name to the number.

rschoey
12-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I will try this and post what happens.

usa2k
12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
One other thing to try is to add the number to your Contacts list. That will give them a "custom CID," which will put a name to the number.
I have that for my wife's work and white-listed. It still blocks it.
But only in the last couple weeks.
VOIPo since Feb. 2007 here.

MisterEd
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Try putting it in as "white list" and see what happens.

rschoey
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Try putting it in as "white list" and see what happens.

I did try this last night and it didn't work. Greg with support told me yesterday that it wouldn't work but I had to try anyways.

VOIPoBrandon
12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Please retest and advise if you are still experiencing any further issues in this regard. If you are please provide the applicable Call Reference ID (shoot me a PM) and I will further look into this for you. Thanks!