PDA

View Full Version : S675 ip

WildKid
12-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi. I just got a new Siemens S675-IP, and whatever I try, it says 'Registration failed' WTF? Can any other S675-IP users please share with me what worked for them with Voipo?

fisamo
12-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Have you successfully registered it with another provider (or an Asterisk box on your LAN)? I don't intend to suggest that the phone is at fault, but it's always good to know it registers elsewhere. Also, can you post your config settings (obviously excluding your phone# and sip password)?

usa2k
12-23-2009, 09:07 AM
This you too? http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23534315-VOIPoCOM-Got-new-phone

Is the provided ATA connected and registered too?

WildKid
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
This you too? http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23534315-VOIPoCOM-Got-new-phone

Is the provided ATA connected and registered too?

No. The provided ata is not connected:

Here's what I have:

Proxy server address: sip.voipwelcome.com
Proxy server port: 5060
Registrar server port: 5060
Registration refresh time: 180
STUN enabled: no
Use random ports: yes
SIP port: 5060 - 5080
RTP port: 35000 - 55000

Thats for line 1. For line 2, the settings are the same, except the proxy and registrar server port is 5061.

I know, the RTP port range should be 35000 - 65000, but it will only go to 55000 (WTF?) :( Stupid Gigaset

usa2k
12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Sorry if this comment may seem redundant!

And the original ATA had to be connected once so BYOD works.
But I am not sure if BYOD will even give credentials until that point?

sr98user
12-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I assume you already enabled Softphone/BYOD option in vPanel. Also, I don't believe you can have two lines with BYOD option. I think the two line option is supported only with provisioned ATA.

If you have a good router with SIP ALG, then you don't need STUN server. Otherwise you might need to set the STUN server. I believe 174.37.45.134 is the stun server on VOIPo network.

When we used Grandstream ATA and set "Use Random Ports", then it will not use the port range you set. You might want to set that to No and see if that makes a difference.

fisamo
12-24-2009, 06:18 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that the SIP password changes every time you enable/disable the BYOD option. It should stay the same every time you navigate to that page in vPanel, provided you don't disable and re-enable the feature.

As for softphone access, it's my understanding that you can enable the 2-line functionality, but only the primary line will be enabled for the BYOD option. In other words, you can have your Voipo ATA register for your primary number and a virtual number on Line 2 (upgraded second line) and a softphone register with your primary number. It is not possible to get a softphone to register with your virtual/secondary number.

As for the settings you posted, I can't see anything wrong with them at first glance. I'd suggest confirming your SIP username and password, but I suspect you've done that a hundred times already. :)