PDA

View Full Version : Port automatic or requires paperwork

Russell
12-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm helping someone who recently signed up ...

If one signs up online for VOIPo service and specifies that one intends to port one's number, is the port automatically done or does it require paperwork to be sent in by (fax / email) by the new signee. I know when I signed up VOIPo required me to fax them a signed authorization. Just wondering if that's still the process - as I said I'm trying to help a new signee.

mikeb
12-29-2009, 01:21 PM
My number was ported a couple months ago and I had to fax an authorization form.

This is from the Voipo knowledge base:

We are able to port your existing number at no additional costs. Please note that the process will take 1-2 weeks, and in extreme scenarios it may take up to 45 days. To initiate the the process, please provide the required information:
•Letter of Authorization: http://voipo.com/Porting.pdf

•Copy of a Recent Bill (or print out of your account) verifying your name and number with the losing carrier.
Fax these to 832-426-7700 or e-mail them to support@voipo.com and we will quickly submit them to our port processing authority. You can assign your account a temporary incoming number (virtual number) while the porting process is underway.

fisamo
12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Tim has talked about moving to a paperless porting system, but I've heard no announcement of that going live yet. It will probably go live when (or before) the reseller program formally launches, but I would expect an announcement in the forum here before the switch to paperless is complete.

Russell
12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks, MikeB.

MisterEd
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm helping someone who recently signed up ...

If one signs up online for VOIPo service and specifies that one intends to port one's number, is the port automatically done or does it require paperwork to be sent in by (fax / email) by the new signee. I know when I signed up VOIPo required me to fax them a signed authorization. Just wondering if that's still the process - as I said I'm trying to help a new signee.

He needs to fax/email a LOA (letter of authorization).

VOIPoTim
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Tim has talked about moving to a paperless porting system, but I've heard no announcement of that going live yet. It will probably go live when (or before) the reseller program formally launches, but I would expect an announcement in the forum here before the switch to paperless is complete.

Right now we're still requiring paper. Likely by next week we'll be on the new paperless system and will only require authorization forms/bill copies if the losing provider asks for it or if information doesn't match up. Most ports will be able to be completed 100% electronically (and more quickly) as long as the account holder information and address match up. With the new electronic method, we're seeing some ports complete in as little as 3 days (on network Level3 ones mainly).