PDA

View Full Version : Is the "in and out going volume" feature functional?

MisterEd
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Under advanced preferences in vPanel.

tylerscell1
12-30-2009, 10:30 AM
There is such a feature? Cant you adjust it from your device?

MisterEd
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
There is such a feature? Cant you adjust it from your device?
PAP2 has no such adjustments in it's user menu and end users are not given access to the "admin" section.

In vPanel:

Features
Preferences
Advanced

tylerscell1
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Guess there is :)

JimDog
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I haven't used it so I can't speak as to whether it is working or not, but I know you need to reboot your adapter for the change to take effect after you change it in vPanel.

mikeb
12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I have used it and it does work. My mom has a loud voice even when the volume on my handset is on the lowest setting. I changed the incoming volume level to "Extremely Low" and now she is not hurting my ear when she speaks. If other callers are too low I can easily bump up the handset volume.

VOIPoBrandon
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Ed,

Please ensure that you are rebooting your device once making the volume control changes. Also after doing so, allow for 2-3 minutes to elapse in order for it to pull down its new provisioning settings. If you are continually not seeing any difference and having issues, please open a ticket and someone will be more than happy to further look into this for you. Thanks!

MisterEd
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Ed,

Please ensure that you are rebooting your device once making the volume control changes. Also after doing so, allow for 2-3 minutes to elapse in order for it to pull down its new provisioning settings. If you are continually not seeing any difference and having issues, please open a ticket and someone will be more than happy to further look into this for you. Thanks!

The reason I ask is because someone reduced my in/out volume based on a ticket I sent a while back not knowing that feature was available but when I looked at vPanel today it showed "EXTREMELY HIGH" for both levels. I'm not sure if what you manually provison from your end should "sync" with what I see in vPanel (although I did change it to "medium").

VOIPoTim
12-31-2009, 06:16 AM
The reason I ask is because someone reduced my in/out volume based on a ticket I sent a while back not knowing that feature was available but when I looked at vPanel today it showed "EXTREMELY HIGH" for both levels. I'm not sure if what you manually provison from your end should "sync" with what I see in vPanel (although I did change it to "medium").

If they changed it on the backend, the display won't sync up so that was likely why it wasn't.