PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo is down?????

voip123
01-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Right now it is 7:28PM CST. Bot of the phone lights (Line1 and Line2) have been out for more than 1.5 hours already.

I unplugged and re-plunged power, it didn't fix the problem!

Anyone got the same problem????

fisamo
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I just received a call no problem, and my trunk monitor shows nothing amiss. One suggestion I'd make is to also reboot any home equipment between your ATA and the internet (e.g. cable modem, home router). Do the classic cold restart (unplug modem, router, and ATA; connect modem, wait 30 seconds or boot sequence to complete, connect router, wait 30 seconds or boot sequence to complete, connect ATA, see if phone lights come on).

chpalmer
01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Elapsed Time:2 days and 04:02:35

This is my newest number just put online... Remoted in to it and it shows everything has been fine.

burris
01-02-2010, 08:18 PM
OK in Miami area.

MisterEd
01-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Right now it is 7:28PM CST. Bot of the phone lights (Line1 and Line2) have been out for more than 1.5 hours already.

I unplugged and re-plunged power, it didn't fix the problem!

Anyone got the same problem???? A-OK in NJ

PCM2
01-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I have noticed that VoiPo's service goes down far more often than my previous VoIP (AT&T CallVantage), and it's frustrating because often the only time I realize it's down is when I get e-mail notification of a voicemail when the phone never rang. I'll try picking up the phone and I get no dialtone.

Usually the solution is to reboot the TSA. But simply unplugging and re-plugging won't work. I really have to leave the unit unplugged for a count of 45 before plugging it back in, or else it won't re-establish a connection.

Ideally, of course, I'd like my VoiPo service not to go down so often (it seems to do so as often as once a week, until I reset it manually). Any suggestions?

chpalmer
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Ideally, of course, I'd like my VoiPo service not to go down so often (it seems to do so as often as once a week, until I reset it manually). Any suggestions?

What is your network topology?

What ATA do you have?

fisamo
01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
If your ATA is behind your home router, it's likely that your router's settings are contributing to your issue. What router model and firmware are you running? If a DLink DIR, Zyxel X-550, or Trendnet TEW model (maybe others), check in the firewall settings for 'Application Level Gateways' (or ALG settings). If there's a checkbox for SIP, make sure that box is not checked.

Port forwarding is always debated--it should not be necessary if your router is behaving properly. However, you may find it helpful to forward ports 5060-5080 (UDP) to your ATA. If you notice audio issues (no audio when you answer a call), you may need to add 35000-65000 (UDP) to the forwarding rule.

voip123
01-03-2010, 01:21 PM
I have noticed that VoiPo's service goes down far more often than my previous VoIP (AT&T CallVantage), and it's frustrating because often the only time I realize it's down is when I get e-mail notification of a voicemail when the phone never rang. I'll try picking up the phone and I get no dialtone.

Usually the solution is to reboot the TSA. But simply unplugging and re-plugging won't work. I really have to leave the unit unplugged for a count of 45 before plugging it back in, or else it won't re-establish a connection.

Hi PCM2,

Totally agree with you!!!

What is your adapter?

In my case, it goes out for at least about 15 minutes EVERYDAY. In most time, it happens at the evening between 8:00PM to 10:00PM. I can see the phone 1 is out since I am at my desk. I really don't know during the day time when I am not home.

Recently I have been stayed home in the holiday session, it happened in the morning as well. Sometime in the afternoon. I have this one Linksys RT31P2. I believe it has something to do with the adapter. I used to have service with the Voange using the Linksys PAP2 adapter. It was rarely disconnected itself.

Thanks.