PDA

View Full Version : Question about my "free virtual number" I never recieved

Xponder1
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
As part of my offer for signing up that I accepted I am supposed to be eligible for a free virtual number. When I try to add it in Vpanel it wants to charge me. I had not added it because to be honest I had no use for it. However, I never saw anything saying I had a limited time to sign up for it. In fact my understanding from replies here about it where that Vpanel would remember you were eligible for it. So rather than just getting a number I did not need I wanted.

I contacted support via the online chat and was told I would have to pay for this service now because I had not already signed up. Is this truly the case or are they mistaken.

Thanks

usa2k
01-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I would have consulted with VOIPoTim.
Are you the Founder Plan, or a later one?

Support cannot be expected to keep up with legacy deals. Not saying there is not a time limit ...

I'm surprised you did not use the gift long ago!

Related thread: http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=7775&postcount=1

This includes current accounts and all future accounts until further notice. We'll likely end this promo for new accounts at some point, but anyone activated before that date would be grandfathered in.

VOIPoTim
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
As long as you signed up during the period it was offered, you would still be able to add it. E-mail billing@voipo.com and mention what are you would like the number to be in and it can be manually added for you.

Xponder1
01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks Tim for clearing that up for me.

ctaranto
01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Same thing happened to me. The virtual number was supposed to be free, but when trying to add it online, it wanted to charge me.

Support created me a free (for 30 days) virtual numbers.

/c

VOIPoTim
01-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Same thing happened to me. The virtual number was supposed to be free, but when trying to add it online, it wanted to charge me.

Support created me a free (for 30 days) virtual numbers.

/c

When did you order? We offered virtual numbers free with plans ordered from December 2008 through March of 2009. Plans after that did not include a free virtual number. If you ordered during that time period, you would be eligible for one.

ctaranto
01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I signed up on Dec 14, 2009 when you were offering free activation and a free virtual number for 30 days.

/c