PDA

View Full Version : No audio on almost every call today.

MisterEd
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Whatsup here? Anyone else experiencing this? So very frustrating. My wife was ready to through the ATA out the window.

The vast majority of calls to my primary line had no audio either 1 way or both ways. Most of the time we were not able to hear the other party but they were able to hear us. Sometimes they heard us but we couldn’t hear them. One time the audio died after 5 minutes of talking. My wife was fuming. These were all calls within NJ either to/from Verizon landlines or ATT cell phones and all between 908 & 609 area codes (except 1). Eventually the other party had to call OUR CELL PHONE and skip our Voipo line to communicate. I believe I had 3 calls that were problem free.

Yes, all ports are properly forwarded in my router (it was setup by Greg), NO SIP isn’t checked in ALG setting. ISP is FIOS and the router is FIOS’s standard router. I had zero problems with Vonage with the same router and ISP so it really can’t be an ISP or Network issue. Besides, Greg remoted in a while ago and nothing has changed since then.

If these erratic problems continue the service will be useless to us no matter what the price. I came here for the features and not just the price but if my phone doesn't work it's all meaningless.

Not sure if the recent porting of the number may be contributing to the problem. The port of this 2nd number was completed on 12/30 but, with the exception of some echo issues it's been pretty good until today.

On top of that I just called someone and the audio "worked" but was breaking up like a bad cell phone call.

MisterEd
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
It seems (SEEMS) this is only happening on calls within NJ both inter and intra NJ LATA. No problems to Georgia or Virginia or Florida (although call QUALITY to FL is not up to par).

If any of the Tier 2 guys are listening this is the ticket I created: QRM-754256

tylerscell1
01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Had major problems with softphones today