PDA

View Full Version : Reseller provisioning server for non-VoIPo purchased Linksys equip?

MacGyverLabs
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm trying to set up an old RT31P as a test unit within the reseller account.

Is there a 'special' provisioning server address we need to use in the profile screen, or is there another one specifically for resellers?

And, now that I ask that, if we are using Linksys equipment (RT31P or PAP2T) that we have not purchased directly from VoIPo, is automatic provisioning provided? If so, is there a way for resellers to 'customize' some of the parameters? You know, for those customers who need tweaked dial plans, etc.

Thanks!

usa2k
01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
https://reseller.voipwelcome.com/reseller/accounts
Lists the accounts, and you can click on an account number,
then use that provisioning info.

Not 100% certain of answers to the other questions.
reseller@voipo.com for support questions/ticket if needed.

I would not expect customizing on a VOIPo managed ATA.

MacGyverLabs
01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately, SIP credentials aren't the issue. I'm referring to the other provisioning items within an ATA (such as regional settings, dial plans, stun settings, etc.)... all the stuff we sometimes have to 'tweak' to make a customer happy.

On the VoIPo side, the provisioning.voipo.com setting in the profile rule will take care of the basics, but I'm curious what the reseller is going to use, and how we're going to customize based on a customer's independent needs.

Just as a for instance... even if I manually provision a PAP2T before it goes out the door, what if I need to tweak stun settings or something of the like to get it working properly behind the customer's router - which will undoubtedly be something generic, like "Bob's Router" :-)

Another example would be if I need to change the port numbers being used because of some conflict or challenge (which existed when I first signed up with VoIPo, then had to be customized a second time when I decided to add more service with an additional ATA).

In the reseller world, I'm 'first line' support... and I'm OK with that. However, I've got to have some tools to support/troubleshoot with. If the only thing I can see about a customer's ATA is registered yes/no, and MAC address, that doesn't leave me much to work with.

Not on a soap box, I promise. Just trying to explain my point. :-)

Thanks for any help and insight...