PDA

View Full Version : support tickets

uhf
01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
I've tried creating support tickets both from vpanel and the voipo site. In both cases I get no email indicating the ticket was received, and they do not show up in vpanel.

usa2k
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
You did them from email? (I see you said so.)
I mostly send via email.

Replies seem to selectively come back via email.
I did get emails yesterday when tickets were updated.
(Mine were reseller related.)

JimDog
01-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Try sending an e-mail to support@voipo.com from the e-mail address associated with your VOIPo account. This will automatically create a support ticket with the text from your e-mail.

mikeb
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I have always received an email verification when submitting tickets in the vpanel. And the tickets are always listed in the vpanel. Call Voipo support and ask why the tickets you created in the vpanel do not exist in the vpanel, 877-99-VOIPO.

lost_
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Try sending an e-mail to support@voipo.com from the e-mail address associated with your VOIPo account. This will automatically create a support ticket with the text from your e-mail.

I sent a port request to that address and got the confirmation and status update via email (and can see it on the check status page (http://www.voipo.com/transfers.php)), but no ticket appeared on VPanel.

ctaranto
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I sent a port request to that address and got the confirmation and status update via email (and can see it on the check status page (http://www.voipo.com/transfers.php)), but no ticket appeared on VPanel.

I don't know if I trust that page:

Check VOIPo Transfer Status
Welcome Craig (508xxxxxxx):
Step 1: Submit Documents: Received on 12-14-2009
Step 2: Authorized and Submitted: Submitted on 12-14-2009
Step 3: Pending Finalization: Transfer Complete on 12-30-2009

Your port (number transfer) to VOIPo has been completed.

My number isn't ported yet, and VOIPo support has no idea (and is no longer responding to my tickets) about the port. 1 month and counting...

/c

VOIPoTim
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
My number isn't ported yet, and VOIPo support has no idea (and is no longer responding to my tickets) about the port. 1 month and counting...

/c

We don't have any pending tickets a month old. Do you have ticket numbers?

With port requests, we submit them and have very little control over the process itself. It's more or less up to the losing provider to respond. If they do not respond within specific time windows we can escalate but have to follow procedures. Most ports complete in about a week, but depending on the providers involved it can take 30-45 days.

Our system automatically sends you status updated when they are provided to us by the upstream carriers.

ctaranto
01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Tim,

Thanks for your response.

I didn't say my ticket was a month old. I've been waiting for a port for a month. I was patiently waiting until Dec 30 for the port, and when it didn't happen, I filed the ticket: ZPK-245441

It's been closed a handful of times (you've also responded to it in the past).

My point is the link provided above does not give accurate information. I understand the technical limitations you guys have, but don't create a page that give wrong results, and my port has clearly not happened yet.

I would expect that a port that is now 2 weeks past it's "finalized" date would be escalated with the holding carrier.

/c

VOIPoTim
01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Tim,

Thanks for your response.

I didn't say my ticket was a month old. I've been waiting for a port for a month. I was patiently waiting until Dec 30 for the port, and when it didn't happen, I filed the ticket: ZPK-245441

It's been closed a handful of times (you've also responded to it in the past).

My point is the link provided above does not give accurate information. I understand the technical limitations you guys have, but don't create a page that give wrong results, and my port has clearly not happened yet.

I would expect that a port that is now 2 weeks past it's "finalized" date would be escalated with the holding carrier.

/c

I do show that it's pending and there has been an escalation ticket opened.

Unfortunately our hands are tied in terms of waiting for the losing carrier and our number porting service to address it. We do not handle porting in-house.

We'll continue to follow the escalation procedures to try to push it along.

Once we have an update from them, the estimated completion date will change on the status site and you'll get an automated e-mail.

ctaranto
01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
I do show that it's pending and there has been an escalation ticket opened.

Unfortunately our hands are tied in terms of waiting for the losing carrier and our number porting service to address it. We do not handle porting in-house.

We'll continue to follow the escalation procedures to try to push it along.

Once we have an update from them, the estimated completion date will change on the status site and you'll get an automated e-mail.

Thanks, Tim. I'm already out $26 for a month's service at VoicePulse. I hope I don't get stuck with another $26 as this lingers on. Anything you can do to push it along is appreciated.

Can you extend the free virtual number until the port happens? I'm using it as a permanent forward from VoicePulse.

Thanks,

/c

VOIPoTim
01-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Tim. I'm already out $26 for a month's service at VoicePulse. I hope I don't get stuck with another $26 as this lingers on. Anything you can do to push it along is appreciated.

Can you extend the free virtual number until the port happens? I'm using it as a permanent forward from VoicePulse.

Thanks,

/c

Yeah extending the VN isn't an issue. Just request this in ticket.

I'll look into this a little more for you, but since you mention Voicepulse, that could be why this is taking so long.

Voicepulse is very difficult to port out from sometimes because of the way one of their carriers sets things up.

Basically one of their carriers does not let them assign a customer name to the number and they are all under Voicepulse's name so a port request gets denied because the person requesting it is not authorized (since only VP would be).

I don't know if this is what is happening here, but it's possible. I'll see if it's associated with that problem-carrier.

If it's associated with that carrier, usually it takes an FCC complaint to get them to release the number.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

energyx
01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Ports can take a while. I was about to give up, but finally they released my number to Voipo. It took from 10-12-09 to 12-8-09 and I had even canceled service with my old cable/phone provider on 11-10-09.

voip123
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
VOIPo support is very responsive!!!

ctaranto
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah extending the VN isn't an issue. Just request this in ticket.

I'll look into this a little more for you, but since you mention Voicepulse, that could be why this is taking so long.

Voicepulse is very difficult to port out from sometimes because of the way one of their carriers sets things up.

Basically one of their carriers does not let them assign a customer name to the number and they are all under Voicepulse's name so a port request gets denied because the person requesting it is not authorized (since only VP would be).

I don't know if this is what is happening here, but it's possible. I'll see if it's associated with that problem-carrier.

If it's associated with that carrier, usually it takes an FCC complaint to get them to release the number.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks again, Tim. It must be frustrating for the industry in general when this happens.

Is there something I can say or do with VoicePulse to push this along? Their customer service is rather good as well. Can't they authorize it since they "own" it?

/c

uhf
01-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Well I'm still seeing the same issue that I submit tickets and get no confirmation or reply to them. One went through and was answered almost right away yesterday, but one opened today via email has had no reply. Something seems to be broken with the ticketing system.

VOIPoTim
01-13-2010, 01:32 PM
We disabled sending out auto-reply notifications months ago when we integrated it into vPanel.

When you submit a ticket from your vPanel e-mail address, it will show up within vPanel almost instantly for immediate confirmation that it was opened.

ctaranto
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks again, Tim. It must be frustrating for the industry in general when this happens.

Is there something I can say or do with VoicePulse to push this along? Their customer service is rather good as well. Can't they authorize it since they "own" it?

/c

Tim, any update on information regarding the number port?

Thanks,

/c

MisterEd
01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
We disabled sending out auto-reply notifications months ago when we integrated it into vPanel.

I get them occasionally , and they look very funky with strange formatting codes in them. Hardly readable.

Speaking of which, when I look at a ticket in vPanel why does it substitute a "/" in place of many punctuation marks?

tritch
01-14-2010, 05:48 PM

I get them occasionally , and they look very funky with strange formatting codes in them. Hardly readable.

Speaking of which, when I look at a ticket in vPanel why does it substitute a "/" in place of many punctuation marks?

Ditto, I see both issues as MisterEd has stated. Although they are minor issues, it still needs a programming fix.

voipoh
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Thanks,

/c

check your number at tnid.org to see if you are stuck with the problem carrier.

VOIPoTim
01-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Thanks,

/c

Nothing really of use. The number is with ChoiceOne Communications. It appears that all numbers there are solely under Voicepulse's name with no customer names attached to them.

Our porting center said they have reached out to Choice One to see what their process is for clearing this up.

This is not the problem carrier we usually see with Voicepulse's numbers, so we hope it can be resolved in a reasonable time period.

ctaranto
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Nothing really of use. The number is with ChoiceOne Communications. It appears that all numbers there are solely under Voicepulse's name with no customer names attached to them.

Our porting center said they have reached out to Choice One to see what their process is for clearing this up.

This is not the problem carrier we usually see with Voicepulse's numbers, so we hope it can be resolved in a reasonable time period.

Thanks, Tim. Looking forward to this finally getting done.

-Craig

ctaranto
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
VoicePulse got back to me. They flagged my record to be ported, and provided an address to use for the port. I updated my ticket (ZPK-245441) with the information.

Thanks,

-Craig