PDA

View Full Version : Different Number On Line 2

tylerscell1
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Created a new number on account. So there is 2 numbers listed on that account. How can I make it so the second number is for line 2 and the first is for line 1?

usa2k
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Can't you swap them at the Hardware Tab? (https://cp.voipwelcome.com/hardware)
The Resync and Reboot?

tylerscell1
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
no i cannot...

VOIPoTim
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
When you add an additional number to an account it just rings through to that account (like forwarding).

To assign to it to the 2nd port and "separate" it like that, you need to setup different accounts. Then you'd just select the 2nd account from the dropdown on hardware page.

tylerscell1
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Ok coolness!

usa2k
01-22-2010, 09:08 PM
To assign to it to the 2nd port and "separate" it like that, you need to setup different accounts.
So it sounds like the VOIPo Residential work differently than I pictured. It is not really pooled minutes, it seems. From a billing standpoint, I guess virtual numbers really are separate too. The way it is presented to the user, merely feels like two unified numbers - interesting.

Reseller's have the ability to modify features within Forwarded, and separately modify features in a Full Service account.

It would be nice if an account could be
promoted to Full Service, or demoted to Forwarded.
It would also be nice if you could reassign accounts.
(Like Forwarded to Virtual, or Virtual to Forwarded.)

I would suggest account numbers should maybe have a unique Reseller prefix to avoid typos that might assign a Forwarded number (for example) to another Reseller's account.