PDA

View Full Version : Outgoing CID thoughts

usa2k
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I know CID Aliases are still in Beta and unavailable to Resellers.
Just thought I would spin a thought for consideration.

It would be cool if you could provide the Reseller Account with a similar CID verification tool. I envision it as similar to the VOIPo Residential Mobile tool, but a Reseller can take a number request, and enter it in some page. The tool would give a verification code, but not ring the customer phone until a verify button is clicked.

Its more manual for the reseller, needing coordination of the verification number, and the Reseller sending the validation call when everybody is ready, but it would allow a smaller group (of Resellers) to control this process.

With that tool functional, you could provide a Reseller page that lets verified numbers be assigned to Full Service accounts.

I envision a table of account numbers, and corresponding assigned CIDs. This would then be a hook to select an alias CID for line#1 and Line#2 of the customer's adapter.

The customer never sees this beta feature, but the Reseller now has enhanced capabilities they can use at their discretion. Usage of the feature is more controlled, but the power of the feature is available sooner.

I hope this idea will be considered as you develop the Reseller product.

usa2k
01-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Or, KISS.

Let the Reseller simply manually assign and verify any alias number.
We can pass the cost of our non-automated time if needed.
Also some kind of LNP will hopefully happen before launch.