PDA

View Full Version : Account listing consistency in Billing tab

MacGyverLabs
01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Certain billing items within the billing tab are somewhat inconsistent regarding identification of where the charges are coming from.

For example, the following (real) billing line items identify the account (username) that is generating the charge to the reseller:
E911 Service - 5675551212
Full Service Line - 5675551212
Full Service Line Setup Fee - 5675551212
Toll Free Number - 8885551212
Toll Free Number Setup Fee - 8885551212

However, the following (real) billing line items have no identification as to what account (username) generated the charge to the reseller:
Call to +861012121 at $0.025000/minute - 3 minutes
PAP2T - Purchase
Usage Charge <=== Have NO idea what this is even for! I have a couple of them

Ideally, I think it would be beneficial to stop appending the numbers to the end of the description, and instead create a separate column that would always be populated with the appropriate account information associated with the charge (or, ideally in the case of virtual or forwarded numbers, append the actual number to the end of the description (as you do today) and use the account number it is tied to in the new account column).

This will also make it easier for an upcoming forum request I'm going to make... CSV download capability for the billing section, so resellers can download critical billing details (such as international calling minutes used and maybe toll-free minutes used) for import into a billing system for proper invoicing).