PDA

View Full Version : VOIPo Supplied Documentation

usa2k
01-31-2010, 09:23 AM
I thought this may be too far OT for: A few fixes needed with process of ordering hardware (http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.php?t=2035).
This is the theory, where the other thread is the reality.

In shipping hardware, and VOIPo Supplied Documentation:

When drop-shipping the hardware; I know there is a strategy, but I thought I would throw a few things out to consider.

If your info was printed on-the-fly: (A big "if" I expect)

You might consider integrating a Reseller Logo.
You might consider integrating a Reseller Address.
In lieu of a Logo (not on file) provide a generic stock image.
In lieu of an address (not on file) provide a P.O. Box

Laser printed B&W papers just fine.
Printing on-the-fly allows MAC ID, Account and such in paperwork.
Logo and address as separate Reseller branding settings.

ALTERNATIVELY: (as I expect you do)

You could have generic material ship each time.
This material will lack any identity associated with any seller.

In the long run, a P.O. Box, or a nondescript return address to VOIPo may result in people that cancel, sending hardware to VOIPo. I expect you really want the Reseller taking all hardware returns directly. Extra shipping charges would need to be passed back to the Reseller for such shipments.

Another side thought

SUPPORT REQUESTS ON LAUNCH:
Will Resellers be going through the normal service reps,
or will there be a higher caliber of Tier Support for Resellers?

zevin
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
In the long run, a P.O. Box, or a nondescript return address to VOIPo may result in people that cancel, sending hardware to VOIPo. I expect you really want the Reseller taking all hardware returns directly. Extra shipping charges would need to be passed back to the Reseller for such shipments.

This was a concern I have.

I am thinking right now I will ship adapters to my clients using a stock of 2-3 that I will keep on hand. I will replenish my supply through VoIPo. I think this will work for a while, its not like they are beating down my door right now. ;)