PDA

View Full Version : Renewal Question

eagle 1
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I am up for renewal..why does it cost old customers more than a new customer? I thought i saw we coud renew at the current promotion, but there is nothing under my promotions tab in vpanel.

Also, i did the renewal for 135 when i got the email to renew/pay...then a week later it is emailing me notice for another $50.so I hit the click to pay, but i got another disconnect notice today...I did click to pay again..it said successful...but still does not show anything?? Weird, and my other line shows the other line invoice...nothing for the second....

yea..i know i should call..guess i will call tomorrow or Monday

VOIPoTim
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Are you using PayPal by chance?

eagle 1
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM

yes...should i change it?

and is it really more than the current promotion..why 1 charge for 135 then another a week or two later for 50?

MisterEd
02-06-2010, 09:27 AM
I am up for renewal..why does it cost old customers more than a new customer?

Not speaking for Voipo but in general MANY companies (cable, satellite, voip etc) have new subscriber promotions and discounts. That's how they attract new people. Once you get your "signup bonus" you pay the standard rate.

After that some companies will give you a discount to "retain" you and some will not.

usa2k
02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
"Once you get your "signup bonus" you pay the standard rate."

HostGator has great stuff to get you in the door only and it works! (Like Black Friday 75% off).
At VOIPo, it seems an email to support will often get an existing customer an advertised deal.

(Lets not give Tim ideas :eek: ;) :))

I think Tim understands the VoIP market, and that it is different from the Web Hosting market, and that those who know to ask, are also great advertising!

MisterEd
02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
"Once you get your "signup bonus" you pay the standard rate."

Which is why I bought 3yrs up front, 1 at the low price and the other 2 at the "lowest" price.

man
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM

Hi Tim,

I’m curious if you’re seeing issues with folks using paypal lately?

I’ve signed up in using paypal after reading your post on hostgator for the free 3months with a coupon code.
I noticed the extra months were never added and wondering if that had something to do with the method of payment?

Thanks,
M

zevin
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Tim,

I’m curious if you’re seeing issues with folks using paypal lately?

I’ve signed up in using paypal after reading your post on hostgator for the free 3months with a coupon code.
I noticed the extra months were never added and wondering if that had something to do with the method of payment?

Thanks,
M
I would email billing with this question. billing@voipo.com