PDA

View Full Version : Dial 456 for Minute Check

usa2k
02-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Have dialing 456 say back XXXX MINUTES LEFT.
If on an Unlimited setting, have it say UNLIMITED MINUTES.
If a hard limit stops calls, have it still say ALL XXXX MINUTES USED.
If a soft limit permits overage, have it say NEGATIVE XXXX MINUTES USED.

Please allow soft limit to be the actual limit.
Please allow hard limit to stop all calls but E911, Voicemail, and Minute Check

Its just easy to remember 123 for Voice Mail, and 456 for Minutes Check

tylerscell1
02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
LOVE this idea!

usa2k
02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I hope Tim loves it. :)

It will make Limited minutes very marketable for me.
My marketing plans become refined and focused each day.

tylerscell1
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Any updates on this?

tylerscell1
02-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Really hoping this goes through

tylerscell1
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Submitted A Ticket About It

usa2k
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Submitted A Ticket About It
Thank you! :D

usa2k
02-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Thank you! :D

Expect this to be closed :)

Odd how an idea can seem like a necessity.
Without an API to pull the information, it is something relevant for a customer.

Please do NOT send in tickets with suggestions…post those in the forum so they can be discussed and debated. Even if we don’t respond to all posts, we do read them.

Again, we want everyone to continue to discuss ideas and suggestions, but just be aware that we're focusing on the basics first before acting on them.

tylerscell1
02-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Yea it seems like every time tim ask someone NOT to do something I was one of the people doing it :P I real it and am like "Oh Shoot!"

Inmemori
08-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Is VOIPo going to provide an answer for this one?

seeuhome
08-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I do think it's a great idea!

genxweb
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I like this idea as well.

Inmemori
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Kudos! Great idea... even though it was never answered!

GreenLantern
02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
I've seen developers offer "bounties" to 3rd party developers to do things like this for them.

Since voipo is based on FreeSwitch, maybe Tim could consider using bounties to get features like this implemented more rapidly.

Or perhaps something like Freelancer.com?

Then voipo's internal developer could go over it to make sure it is secure before implementing it as a Beta feature.

VOIPoTim
02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
I've seen developers offer "bounties" to 3rd party developers to do things like this for them.

Since voipo is based on FreeSwitch, maybe Tim could consider using bounties to get features like this implemented more rapidly.

Or perhaps something like Freelancer.com?

Then voipo's internal developer could go over it to make sure it is secure before implementing it as a Beta feature.

I wish it were that simple. :(

The only thing we use Freeswitch for is voicemail. The core of our system is based on SER/Kamailio.

Unfortunately since it's very heavily customized there's really no easy way for a third-party to make something to add to it because of all the complexities and the sheer number of that that have to tie together to make things work. We have dozens of servers that all interact with each other so it's a pretty complex setup. Receiving a phone call requires over 30 database queries for all the different things needed (everything from looking up the caller ID name to show to checking billing to checking call routing).

We always take suggestions that you guys give to us and consider them for the future, but we can't always implement them fast because the system is so complex that adding one thing could break another so development takes time with a system like ours and that forces us to have to prioritize requests.