PDA

View Full Version : Documentation - where?

uhf
02-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one that looks at some of the stuff in vpanel and wishes there was some sort of brief description of what it is. Like blacklisted vs blocked.

If I send my voicemails to email, do they disappear from the inbox? Mine does. Should it? It's not explained anywhere.

I'm sure there's a lot of other examples.

The retail Vpanel needs more info and links to click for help with how to use features. If I ran voipo, I would concentrate on that before fiddling with resellers. But that's just me. I would think the resellers would agree, their customers will be confused too.

usa2k
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I am a beta tester, I am used to working on the fly :D

VOIPoTim
02-06-2010, 09:25 PM
The retail Vpanel needs more info and links to click for help with how to use features. If I ran voipo, I would concentrate on that before fiddling with resellers. But that's just me. I would think the resellers would agree, their customers will be confused too.

I agree that we do need more documentation, but we have to prioritize projects in a way that makes business sense for us. There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes all that time that affect decisions that are not necessarily obvious externally.

As an example, the current vPanel design is going to be replaced in the near future, so investing a lot of resources in documentation on extremely detailed documentation that will have to be completely redone doesn't make sense at this time. With that in mind, less than 2% of VOIPo customers have ever contacted support and it's pretty rare that we get questions about vPanel features. So in this example, there are two very compelling reasons to push back documentation until the redesign is in place.

At the end of the day, there are hundreds of potential projects that could potentially be done, but we have to prioritize them with and focus the majority of the time on what will have the biggest impact on our business based on what we see going on day-to-day and our experience. We hope that all will get done, but ultimately a company will fail if it does not prioritize things correctly and in alignment with the actual needs and goals of the business.

So more documentation will eventually come, but there are other things that have a higher priority right now.