PDA

View Full Version : Softphone Config

tylerscell1
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Anyone have instructions on how to do this i know the information is provided in the vpanel.

man
02-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Anyone have instructions on how to do this i know the information is provided in the vpanel.

Download X-Lite, install & execute

Right Click w/ mouse over the app, click SIP Account Settings...

Double Click on the blank top row, enter your values there

User name: 5125551212 (your number, no spaces or dashes)
Password: case sensitive
Authorization user name: 5125551212
Domain: sip.voipwelcome.com
Domain Proxy (checked), Send outbound via: Domain
No changes to the other tabs

Click OK, ensure Enabled is checked and Click Close

Enjoy

tylerscell1
02-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks Bro!

keeska
04-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Download X-Lite, install & execute

User name: 5125551212 (your number, no spaces or dashes)
Password: case sensitive
Authorization user name: 5125551212
Domain: sip.voipwelcome.com
Domain Proxy (checked), Send outbound via: Domain
No changes to the other tabs

Click OK, ensure Enabled is checked and Click Close

Enjoy
Does anyone know the settings for the Linux version of x-lite? Its configuratin is a bit different. It has no "Domain Proxy" or "Send outbound via:" config options. It does have a field for "Domain" which I set as described in the quote above. Then there are "SIP Proxy" and "Out bound Proxy" fields. I set both to the same as the domain. After 30 seconds the app indicates "Login timeout". It never does login. I am able to run x-lite on my Wife's WIndows machine without problems (not at the same time :-) so I know my router is not getting in the way.

Any hints as to how I should debug this?

Thanks.

man
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know the settings for the Linux version of x-lite? Its configuratin is a bit different. It has no "Domain Proxy" or "Send outbound via:" config options. It does have a field for "Domain" which I set as described in the quote above. Then there are "SIP Proxy" and "Out bound Proxy" fields. I set both to the same as the domain. After 30 seconds the app indicates "Login timeout". It never does login. I am able to run x-lite on my Wife's WIndows machine without problems (not at the same time :-) so I know my router is not getting in the way.

Any hints as to how I should debug this?

Thanks.

Try leaving "Out bound Proxy" blank so that's not used.

If that doesnt register, leave the SIP Proxy also blank so it uses the Domain Proxy only.

keeska
04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Try leaving "Out bound Proxy" blank so that's not used.

If that doesnt register, leave the SIP Proxy also blank so it uses the Domain Proxy only.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately leaving out the SIP Proxy resulted in it not even trying to connect. It just sits there with a message "Awaiting proxy login credentials" or something similar. x-lite has to be the hardest voip app to configure.