PDA

View Full Version : X-Lite Softphone can't call with residential account

holmes4
02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm a new Voipo user and my adapter works fine. I enabled Softphone/BYOD in VPanel and installed X-Lite on my PC to try out a softphone. I entered the credentials as shown in VPanel and X-Lite said I had registered with the server, but any attempt to call out results in a "call could not be completed" error after 30 seconds or so. I tried dialing the number with and without a leading 1 (always gave the area code), no difference.

What might I be missing? Thanks.

tylerscell1
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Send me a PM with your info set and I will check

holmes4
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not comfortable providing that info for someone who doesn't work for Voipo.

VOIPoBrandon
02-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Feel free to shoot me a PM with a Call Reference ID and I can look into what may have went amiss with this call from xlite. You can retrieve such an ID by looking at your Call History and clicking on either the Call From or Call To phone number of that specific call.

Thanks!

tylerscell1
02-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Wasent talking about the passwords :P I was just talking about where you were putting what information. VoIPoBrandon (Post above) works for voipo.

holmes4
02-13-2010, 08:48 AM
As it happens, the notebook I was testing on got wiped so I no longer have access to the data. Also, I was using the X-Lite 4.0 Beta. I just tried again on a different system with X-Lite 3.0 and it worked fine. Thanks for the offers of help.