PDA

View Full Version : In-Network SIP Shortcut

usa2k
02-13-2010, 07:09 AM
I would like to suggest a method of making SIP calls
without having to program the call as an outbound route.

Simply allow a prefix when making a call.

EXAMPLE

Calling '#5551238888' would dial 'sip:5551238888@in.voipwelcome.com'

It is just that simple.

It may be unnecessary with how VOIPo handles In-Network Calls,
but for calls not routing correctly, it would be a great support tool.

VOIPoTim
02-15-2010, 05:19 AM
All on network calls are routed directly and are free. Can you give me more info as far as why you'd want to use this?

usa2k
02-15-2010, 06:20 AM
All on network calls are routed directly and are free. Can you give me more info as far as why you'd want to use this?
It does not look like I ever had a dedicated ticket for this.

If I call from my Reseller account to my VOIPo account within my own network, the call will go straight to Voicemail. The reverse direction does go through properly. If I make a SIP shortcut, it works perfectly. It would just be a fast check if a customer reported this same kind of scenario.

I suspect it may just be an easy work-around mostly for calls within the same local network that do not ring through.

VOIPoTim
02-15-2010, 06:24 AM
It does not look like I ever had a dedicated ticket for this.

If I call from my Reseller account to my VOIPo account within my own network, the call will go straight to Voicemail. The reverse direction does go through properly. If I make a SIP shortcut, it works perfectly. It would just be a fast check if a customer reported this same kind of scenario.

I suspect it may just be an easy work-around mostly for calls within the same local network that do not ring through.

OK that makes sense. I know exactly what you're talking about. This is a known bug with on-network calling and will be resolved soon.

usa2k
02-18-2010, 08:52 AM
OK that makes sense. I know exactly what you're talking about. This is a known bug with on-network calling and will be resolved soon.
Resolution would be great. My brother-in-law can't call my VOIPo line from the test Reseller Account I setup in Ohio. I showed him how to add a SIP shortcut, and that connected easily.
If a prefix could force that mode, its an easy check for Joe Average.

Reverse direction works
Call Reference ID: e4d9a638-5e912206@192.168.0.73

There are no Call Records of him calling my VOIPo number.
Sip seems to be a Call Record stealth mode.