PDA

View Full Version : First Impression - working as advertised

D3004
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
We had been paying just under $40 a month for our voip line through Uverse. In an effort to save some money I have been reading reviews on various voip providers. After seeing the large number of positive reviews regarding Voipo we decided to give it a shot. The ATA arrived in two days. I followed the simple installation instructions and we were up and running in no time. There was no need to adjust any router settings. We've been testing the line all day and found the quality to be on par if not better than our prior provider. No delay and crystal clear connection. We've only had the service up and running for 8 hours but I can honestly say it works as advertised. When you add up the cost savings, the customization options and easy set up...it's a very wise move.

mdntblu
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
We had been paying just under $40 a month for our voip line through Uverse. In an effort to save some money I have been reading reviews on various voip providers. After seeing the large number of positive reviews regarding Voipo we decided to give it a shot. The ATA arrived in two days. I followed the simple installation instructions and we were up and running in no time. There was no need to adjust any router settings. We've been testing the line all day and found the quality to be on par if not better than our prior provider. No delay and crystal clear connection. We've only had the service up and running for 8 hours but I can honestly say it works as advertised. When you add up the cost savings, the customization options and easy set up...it's a very wise move.

I'm curious if you still are having no problems with your Voipo on Uverse? Cause I'm having a horrible experience and am ready to cancel it.
I can't really answer any calls at all. I can make outgoing calls but get lots of call fade and other party says it sounds horrible.

Just curious if you have made any changes to your router.

Thanks
Brad

Russell
05-20-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm curious if you still are having no problems with your Voipo on Uverse? Cause I'm having a horrible experience and am ready to cancel it.
I can't really answer any calls at all. I can make outgoing calls but get lots of call fade and other party says it sounds horrible.

Just curious if you have made any changes to your router.

Thanks
Brad
Try putting your ATA in the DMZ Plus of the RG and see if that fixes things. Also, if you have the older version of UVerse firmware search for Tim's instructions to turn off SIP ALG (posted in the last week or so).