PDA

View Full Version : BETA Ongoing Testing Procedures

VOIPoBrandon
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Hello all,

I've seen this come up a few times and thought I'd make a post.

For any future testing of Items or Accounts, i.e. if they are miscategorized or anything issue that seems related in regards to this.

Upon receiving a "please retest" response, it will make the process easier if we start from a fresh slate. What I mean by this is, simply attempt to reproduce the exact problem you are experiencing however doing so by creating a new account.

Now this account is not required to actually be used for full-on testing, but rather if its an account creation issue, or a item is miscategorized, it is simply a means to start fresh as it is likely that the issue is resolved and the database references are simply/may not be fixed retroactively back to the initial account / problem as they are potentially using old methods that may not apply to them any longer.

So a fresh start will continue to make things move through a lot smoother and prevent us from looking into issues redundantly.

Thank you all for the great work, keep it up!

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Does this mean that when Beta is over we would need to "Recreate" our accounts?

VOIPoTim
02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Does this mean that when Beta is over we would need to "Recreate" our accounts?

That's the best way. Old accounts may not have been created correctly. As we have fixed bugs, the new ones get created right without the bugs, but the old ones may still not be setup right so they may not have the bug fixes.

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Is there a way to do that without loosing our current number?

VOIPoTim
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Is there a way to do that without loosing our current number?

Yeah once the time comes, we should be able to just delete them then recreate new accounts with same phone numbers.

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Tim! You haven't been really "Active" on the forums lately :) You should get on more :P

VOIPoTim
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks Tim! You haven't been really "Active" on the forums lately :) You should get on more :P

I try to be active as much as possible, but have a pretty large company to run so it's a time balancing act.

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Very true I suppose :) Your doing a good job keep it up and together VoIPo will take over the world! :)

usa2k
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
You mean VOIPo Resellers! :)

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Preach It Bro! :P