PDA

View Full Version : Number Porting LOA Question

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Does The Form HAVE to be filled out in handwriting or just the signature?

VOIPoBrandon
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Just no digital signature.

tylerscell1
02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Awesome! Yea i thought it would be easier if our (The resellers company) staff just filled it out then had them sign it. Easier For You Guys To Read and us. If we take your LOA and change Voipo to our name and then maybe add some things. It should be fine correct?

VOIPoTim
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Awesome! Yea i thought it would be easier if our (The resellers company) staff just filled it out then had them sign it. Easier For You Guys To Read and us. If we take your LOA and change Voipo to our name and then maybe add some things. It should be fine correct?

As long as all the current wording is all there. If using your company name, you'll have to say something like "authorizes XYZ Company or its partners or affiliates to transfer" because some companies won't accept it with your company name on it. By adding something along the lines of "or its partners", they usually will be OK.

The losing company has the right to request a real signature and reject the port without one, but most don't.

Every port is different and it depends on who the losing carrier is and who looks at it there.

tylerscell1
02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
What I did was pretty much just change the VoIPo name to my company name and then Put a "X" in each of the check boxes and changed voipos number to mine and there email to mine. Then what i will do is have the client just sign and date it and send it over to you :) I have a Tier 0 number that i was going to port (Landline) so looking forward to testing it out :)

VOIPoTim
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
What I did was pretty much just change the VoIPo name to my company name and then Put a "X" in each of the check boxes and changed voipos number to mine and there email to mine. Then what i will do is have the client just sign and date it and send it over to you :) I have a Tier 0 number that i was going to port (Landline) so looking forward to testing it out :)

Remember you also have to get a copy of their most recent phonebill (for losing provider) to submit with it.

tylerscell1
02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Tim,

I was just rereading what i typed and realized the only place i put "or its agent" was in the paragraph right before the signature. Is that still ok or should it be listed in every single time its mentioned? Ill email you a copy and maybe you can better judge yourself...

tylerscell1
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Remember you also have to get a copy of their most recent phonebill (for losing provider) to submit with it.

Yep will also do that :) You guys should like request a copy of there ID that way you have proof its them and not someone forging the signature...