PDA

View Full Version : iPhone app for BYOD

keeska
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I use x-lite on my PC with BYOD without problems. But I sometimes do not want to fire up the PC to make calls when I am away from home and the PAP.

I downloaded the iSip application for my iPhone but cannot get it to work - the registration always times out. I tried the acrobits iPhone application and it works without problems but I still want to get iSip to work.

Could someone who has gotten the iSip app to work post the necessary configuration parameters.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting hints?

Thanks,

Keeska

zevin
02-26-2010, 09:46 PM
I was never able to get the iSIP to work. I use acrobits softphone with my ipod touch and it works just fine.

If acrobits works why do you want to use iSIP?

keeska
02-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank you for the confirmation of problems with iSip. Looks like the app may be broken.

If acrobits works why do you want to use iSIP?Just for feature and voice quality comparison. Since I already purchased iSip I wanted to see what it can do.

eacollin
06-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I use x-lite on my PC with BYOD without problems. But I sometimes do not want to fire up the PC to make calls when I am away from home and the PAP.

I downloaded the iSip application for my iPhone but cannot get it to work - the registration always times out. I tried the acrobits iPhone application and it works without problems but I still want to get iSip to work.

Could someone who has gotten the iSip app to work post the necessary configuration parameters.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting hints?

Thanks,

Keeska

Did you go with the default settings when using Acrobits on your iphone/ipod?
I will try Acrobits on an iphone over T-mobile Edge not 3G..??

eacollin
06-28-2010, 09:57 AM
So far it works but I seem to have degraded reception - the call goes through but it washes away.. audio drags and sounds bad.. I will keep testing, also will post the settings am using for this app.

Any thoughts?

VOIPoLucas
07-02-2010, 04:13 PM
On 3G, EDGE, or wifi?

eacollin
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
That was on Edge - mind you very weak call quality.

eacollin
07-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Phone is a 3GS on T-Mobile Network

After downloading and playing with Bria (CounterPath) on my iphone I got this to work with my account id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - Call quality not that great but it worked.

Today I decided to test Fring on my Line with the basic settings of the sip account from voipo. id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - so far the call quality has been better with Fring than Bria.. Will post more tests results

Fring :I was able to call several local numbers and speak for over two minutes quite clearly the caller said. Will keep testing..

holmes4
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I use "siphon" on my iPhone and it works fine.

eacollin
08-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Phone is a 3GS on T-Mobile Network

After downloading and playing with Bria (CounterPath) on my iphone I got this to work with my account id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - Call quality not that great but it worked.

Today I decided to test Fring on my Line with the basic settings of the sip account from voipo. id/pw/ and sip.name.com etc - so far the call quality has been better with Fring than Bria.. Will post more tests results

Fring :I was able to call several local numbers and speak for over two minutes quite clearly the caller said. Will keep testing..

I've settled on Acrobits for now until the Voipo app is available.

caseydoug
08-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I've settled on Acrobits for now until the Voipo app is available.

I may be wrong, but I believe the VOIPo app is to control the features of your phone, like VPanel. It is not a softphone. However, I agree, Acrobits seems to work fine as a BYOD solution.

lifespeed
10-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Bria for iPhone rocks! Latest version supports G722 and G729 codecs. Who needs a cordless phone at home? One phone to rule them all . . .

mogulman
01-12-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm using Whistle Phone with Voipo settings. Is Bria better? This is on an iPad.

keeska
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I've not tried Whistle. Bria started out as under-featured relative to other VOIP apps but has added features over time. I think it is one of the most feature rich apps now. Prior to bria adding the additional features I found Groundwire from Acrobits (their other app is Acrobits Softphone). I find both Groundwire and bria to be excellent apps.

Disclaimer - I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1. I have no experience with an ipad or iPhone 4.

Warus1
02-09-2011, 07:06 AM
I use LINPHONE on my ipod touch and it works great and best of all it's free!
I think the program is a spawn of a lynix version.
Didn't care for the PC version of LinPhone. I think on the PC side X-lite still seems to be the best.