PDA

View Full Version : Problems with rt31p2

petargreat
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi,

Sometimes rt31p2 does not work as it should, so hardware reset (power cycle) is necessary. Today power led was rapidly flashing. Would new firmware 1.30 fix that ? Is it possible to upload generic fw into voipo unit ? Current fw is 1.25. Any suggestions ?

VOIPoTim
03-07-2010, 02:21 PM
The best thing to do is contact support for assistance. VOIPo fully manages all provided devices.

dteague
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I have 1.20.01 and mine will lose dial tone and if you look at the device, line 1 and line 2 lights are out on the device. This happens every once and awhile. I have contacted support a few times about it, and have had no success with them.

Someone had suggested 1.25 or whatever was the newer version, but support did not want to update it.

I've pretty much given up on VoIPo support. I just reset the device when it happens.

VOIPoTim
03-07-2010, 04:15 PM
The newer firmware is not fully compatible with the VOIPo network and will cause the device to be completely unusable with VOIPo service and it will be impossible to revert it back to the old version. Keep in mind that Linksys no longer supports this device so it's not a firmware incompatibility that we'd be able to work with them to fix. So upgrading the firmware is NOT an option and should not be attempted or it will render the device non-functional with VOIPo.

If you have issues with the device, you need to work with support. They can typically resolve issues like this easily. As an example, most of the time when we see users reporting a loss of dialtone/lights, they are using it behind another router which is not letting all the traffic through. This is one of several things we can check.

If support is unable to resolve it after working with them over a period of time, e-mail your ticket numbers to tim @ voipo.com and I'll review them to make sure everything has been handled correctly and we'll go from there for alternate solutions.

jlachowin
03-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Don't just give up on VOIPo, they NEED To replace your device. I had a RT31P2 and the line 1 and line 2 lights would go out, no dial tone. I had to power cycle the ATA to regain service, this would happen on a daily basis.

Keep asking VOIPo to replace your ATA, you pay for the service, get it fixed. I was sent a grand stream ATA and it works FLAWLESSLY. I like the new ATA so much, I signed my parents up for VOIPo to save some money on there UVERSE bill.

jlachowin
03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Also, to let everyone know, support remotely logged into my router to see my settings on my router when I had the RT31P2, and everything checked out. I think there may be a global issue with the RT31P2, but I could be wrong. You just want to make sure you have a static IP assigned to the ATA, and SPI firewall turned off. You can also forward the necessary ports if need be.

usa2k
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
My RT31P2 device in FL has been problem free.
I do not expect global issues.

lost_
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Mine worked fine for about a month until it started making humming noise during calls. VOIPo support guessed right the first time: the power adapter that had come with it was too small (500 mA, instead of 1A). I had one lying around that I used until the replacement power brick came.

Must have gotten mixed up by the RT31P2 supplier.

ctaranto
03-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I also had an RT31P2 which, at best, was flaky. I also had one while I was with Vonage. It worked great for about 6 months, then died a slow death.

Support confirmed that the RT31P2 provided was abnormal (they couldn't connect to it even when it wasn't behind another router). I was sent a PAP2T replacement, which worked fine for about a week, then it too started losing authentication all the time. Another PAP2T appears to have resolved all my issues (sitting behind a Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT).

-Craig