PDA

View Full Version : Signed up with Voipo? Reregister with donotcall.gov

holmes4
03-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Having ported my number several times, now, I have learned that each time you do so, you must reregister your number with the Federal Do Not Call list at www.donotcall.gov . Apparently, the act of porting removes your number from the DNC list and you will, in my experience, instantly start receiving telemarketer calls. Note that it takes 30 days or so after registering for it to take effect.

I'd like to suggest that Voipo add a note to their "welcome letter" pointing out this matter.

mikeb
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM
This must only happen under special situations. Since 2005 I have ported my number from Qwest to Viatalk to CallVantage to VoicePulse to Voipo. I registered my number in 2005 and it is still registered.

holmes4
03-10-2010, 10:25 AM
It has happened too many times to me to be coincidence.

usa2k
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
was most recently registered in the National Do Not Call Registry on April 06, 2006Just checked.

Vonage, Packet8, VOIPo without needing to do anything.

EDIT: I believe I've been withe the same CLEC throughout.

lost_
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Mine hasn't changed from 2005, and I recently ported. I don't see any way to remove DNC registration for the public, and I'm not sure if there is one for telcos either (maybe there is if a number is deactivated, but that's just my speculation).

holmes4
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, that's interesting. Each time I ported, I pretty much instantly started getting telemarketer calls, even though the DNC list still showed me registered. I reregistered, and the calls faded away.

fisamo
03-12-2010, 05:55 AM
I did not 'fall off the list' when porting to Voipo, but I did back in 2004 when I ported to CallVantage. I see this issue as hit-or-miss, and it probably wouldn't hurt to re-register to be sure your number's on the list.