PDA

View Full Version : ETA on Reseller Program?

seeuhome
03-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Any ETA on launching the reseller program?

Thanks,
Greg

usa2k
03-10-2010, 09:53 AM
http://forums.voipo.com/showpost.php?p=17247&postcount=32

Tim is targeting to launch this month. I expect they are close.
The Residential Beta was a couple years, but they are older and wiser now.

One thing I leaned from the Residential Beta, is that Tim can and will delay launch plans until he feels all the right elements needed are present and working.

Additional documentation is one loose end I have not seen much of, but heard is in the works. I doubt it will just drop into a WHMCS Knowlegebase, but it will be interesting to see what level of info is provided. I expect some of the first tier troubleshooting guides may be a possibility, if I were to make wild guesses.

tylerscell1
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
It would be awesome if they could give us something to import into a whmcs knowladgebase

seeuhome
03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to resell VOIPo service. If you hear of anything let me know.

Greg Glassman

tylerscell1
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
How do you have access to this forum? (Just curious) I thought only Beta testers could see this forum... Are you beta testing it? (Dont reconize your username)

zcnkac
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Looks like all customers have access to the 'Reseller' forum. I am not interested in the 'Reseller' program, but I am a Voipo Residential customer.

tylerscell1
03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh ok I dident know that :P

tylerscell1
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Any new updates?

seeuhome
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Any update on the launch? ETA date?

tylerscell1
04-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Hello? Tim?

JimDog
04-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Tim doesn't tend to hold things back. I'm sure if he had some news, he'd be posting it. http://forums.voipo.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

VOIPoTim
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
When we resolve remaining bugs and finish up some final details, we'll be ready for softlaunch and will announce it at that time.

eacollin
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Im looking to see this get launched am tired now of paying vonage when i could be saving and paying myself?

Can we get some update Tim??

VOIPoTim
05-04-2010, 03:54 PM
We haven't officially announced it yet, but we are expecting to do the public soft launch June 1.

seeuhome
05-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Good, because I keep loosing chances to sign people up. I have a another customer right now that wants to switch from Vonage and I don't know what to tell him...

seeuhome
05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
June 1st still on track????

VOIPoTim
05-28-2010, 08:37 PM
June 1st still on track????

All the information will be live on the site on June 1st, yes.

We'll be phasing in signup availability throughout June in this order:

Existing VOIPo Customers
Pre-Launch List
HostGator Customers
Public

VOIPoTim
06-01-2010, 07:54 AM
For those of you wondering, all reseller information will be on our site today.

We'll be phasing in the signup availability starting June 8th starting with VOIPo customers.

tylerscell1
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Random Question: What kind of reseller documentation will be provided?

VOIPoTim
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
At full launch, we'll be providing a link to a generic online knowledgebase that reseller customers can use. Resellers are also able to copy information from this if they wish to do their own or just direct the customers there.

tylerscell1
06-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Where exactly on the site will we see this?

VOIPoTim
06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Where exactly on the site will we see this?

The reseller link at the top will link to the reseller page with all the pricing/plan info. It'll be up by end of day. It's only 6:27 :)

tylerscell1
06-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Haha whoops sorry its 930 here at EST :P Ive been clicking refresh all day! :P

VOIPoTim
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
The reseller page is now live on the site.

http://www.voipo.com/reseller-voip.shtml

This is the first time the pricing and model has been publicly announced.

We will begin accepting signups on June 8th (one week from day).

Please post new threads for any questions you guys have about the reseller program and how it works. We'll be using your questions to help improve the content on the site this week before the signups start being accepted next week.

http://forums.voipo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

tylerscell1
06-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Will you be creating a reseller forum?

VOIPoTim
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Will you be creating a reseller forum?

I'm not sure what you mean...we already have this forum.

tylerscell1
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Im talking about a non beta forum. This is the " VoIP Reseller Program - BETA Discussion"

VOIPoTim
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Im talking about a non beta forum. This is the " VoIP Reseller Program - BETA Discussion"

There's really no difference.

Since there will be bugs that crop up as more people become resellers, we will likely keep everything in BETA status through at least the end of the year...it will just be a public BETA. The main VOIPo launch was 3 years.

tylerscell1
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh wow. Ok :P

usa2k
06-05-2010, 05:49 AM

Please post new threads for any questions you guys have about the reseller program and how it works. We'll be using your questions to help improve the content on the site this week before the signups start being accepted next week.

OBSEVATION

Wildwood FL comes up,
but says "none available"
On the Reseller account its not listed at all.

OBSEVATION

You say free fax with reseller?

VOIPoTim
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
OBSEVATION

Wildwood FL comes up,
but says "none available"
On the Reseller account its not listed at all.

OBSEVATION

You say free fax with reseller?

It's set to not show the areas that aren't available right now at all. That way no one sees an area listed there and becomes a reseller then is upset if no numbers available there. It's all real-time availability.

Yes, we've added a fax option. We've been testing a T.38 based fax solution for a while now with near 100% success and it's not being offered for resellers. All the pricing is the same...it's just $1 more to make it a fax number rather than a standard number. They can be toll-free, local, ported, etc. The standard usage fees for that item type apply.

VOIPoTim
06-05-2010, 04:56 PM

We are pushing the public signups out a little longer to the 21st to streamline a few processes with signup so that we'll be ready for the surge without it affecting service/support levels.

Just a little longer...

VOIPoTim
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Everything is on track and we'll be in public pre-launch in a few hours. :)

timreichhart
06-21-2010, 07:19 AM
now lets say if I dont have the money right now and that you only taking limited accounts right now can I still get into the program down the road or not?

VOIPoTim
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
now lets say if I dont have the money right now and that you only taking limited accounts right now can I still get into the program down the road or not?

Yes, if we stop accepting signups, it will just be temporary until we get caught up.

timreichhart
06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
now since I already have a residential account with you guys can I switch that from residential to reseller or not? Because I dont see paying 18 dollars a month and paying 24.95 together.

VOIPoTim
06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
now since I already have a residential account with you guys can I switch that from residential to reseller or not? Because I dont see paying 18 dollars a month and paying 24.95 together.

Yes, after the reseller account is setup, we can move any existing accounts into it. It includes a free personal account with it, so you could use that account as the included one.

You would just need to contact reseller support at reseller@voipo.com requesting that it be moved after the reseller account is setup.

timreichhart
06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
now can I get partal credit for this month if I switch it over to reseller account?

VOIPoTim
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
now can I get partal credit for this month if I switch it over to reseller account?

No, we don't prorate in less than 1 month increments. Sorry.

If a user has a prepaid balance from a yearly plan, we will prorate in month increments and credit the remaining balance to the reseller account's usage balance.

timreichhart
06-21-2010, 06:07 PM
how long does it take to get the reseller program to work? Because I just purchase it.

VOIPoTim
06-21-2010, 06:16 PM
how long does it take to get the reseller program to work? Because I just purchase it.

You'll get a welcome e-mail or a pending approval within minutes. If you haven't received anything, please contact reseller@voipo.com for assistance.

usa2k
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Just an observation.

I like the layout of the sign-up page.

Note:

Clicking the yearly gets you the monthly, which means
your customer needs to select yearly from a drop-down menu.

I would think it should be defaulted to the term selected.

Hope you get a great response! :)