PDA

View Full Version : Support going down hill

Xponder1
03-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow I am currently in a chat session online with support because my phone service has been flaky since Friday. Instead of looking into what is going on they are trying to get me to install software on my pc. I have been a customer a long time and this is the worst support I have ever dealt with. I am really disappointed and my phone service is totally dead.

VOIPoTim
03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
We do use remote desktop type software to go in and do router troubleshooting a lot since most of our customers are not tech savvy and it's much faster to go in and look at their router settings/adjust. I'm assuming that's the software mentioned.

If you don't think things were handled well, you can always e-mail the chat info to me and I'll take a look (can look it up using date/time).

Are you still down?

Xponder1
03-15-2010, 06:12 PM
We do use remote desktop type software to go in and do network troubleshooting a lot since most of our customers are not tech savvy. I'm assuming that's the software mentioned.

If you don't think things were handled well, you can always e-mail the chat info to me and I'll take a look (can look it up using date/time).

Ya I will send it. He did not want to give me his name but the chat thing emailed me his name anyway

VOIPoTim
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Ya I will send it. He did not want to give me his name but the chat thing emailed me his name anyway

Sounds good.

In terms of customers, we've grown literally around 10x in the last 3 months.

In first 2 months of 2010, we did 1/2 of our total 2009 revenue.

So definitely growing fast and as a result doing a lot of hiring and changing processes along the way to be more efficient.

If anyone ever notices an issue that wasn't handled in the best way, feel free to e-mail and I'll take a look.

Xponder1
03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Sounds good.

In terms of customers, we've grown literally around 10x in the last 3 months.

In first 2 months of 2010, we did 1/2 of our total 2009 revenue.

So definitely growing fast and as a result doing a lot of hiring and changing processes along the way to be more efficient.

If anyone ever notices an issue that wasn't handled in the best way, feel free to e-mail and I'll take a look.

Thanks Tim

Xponder1
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
My service seems to be working again so no idea if you had something done or its just being intermittent again. Out of total frustration I neglected to say that yes it was still down when I got out of the chat. I will just submit a ticket next time. Feel free to delete this thread. I just needed to vent. Thanks for everything you do for us Tim.

usa2k
03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I learned that chat will result in an emailed record of it.
Never ever expected that and it sounds more formal and usefull.
I always preferred email/ticket system.

Always value to gain from threads such as these :)

Xponder1
03-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I learned that chat will result in an emailed record of it.
Never ever expected that and it sounds more formal and usefull.
I always preferred email/ticket system.

Always value to gain from threads such as these :)

Ya the email it to you feature is new. I like it. The entire chat system was redone. The guy refused to give me his name but in the chat log it lists their name instead of VOIPo like I saw on the screen.

I am usually able to resolve things pretty quickly via web chat and if that fails they submit a ticket. Next time I will just send a ticket.

tylerscell1
03-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Like was he cocky about it and refused to give name? Because I have never known VoIPo staff to do that....

jlachowin
03-16-2010, 08:57 AM
A service you pay for went/was down, and you decided to go on the chat system? Call them next time?

Xponder1
03-16-2010, 05:59 PM
A service you pay for went/was down, and you decided to go on the chat system? Call them next time?

The best support method seems to be the ticket system.

energyx
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Good suggestion, except if it involves tier 2 support, it's email only. My outgoing calls have been down since yesterday, on a new device. Any time I've called in, they have to contact tier 2 and I have to wait for an email response. So far it's been power cycle the device and wait 5 minutes. Still no calls out. The SAF is really dropping fast.

*edit* I will add that the replacement ATA arrived quickly and Tim has intervened when necessary, but in the end, I am still down.

VOIPoTim
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Good suggestion, except if it involves tier 2 support, it's email only. My outgoing calls have been down since yesterday, on a new device. Any time I've called in, they have to contact tier 2 and I have to wait for an email response. So far it's been power cycle the device and wait 5 minutes. Still no calls out. The SAF is really dropping fast.

*edit* I will add that the replacement ATA arrived quickly and Tim has intervened when necessary, but in the end, I am still down.

So it just sounds like the replacement ATA is not connecting properly?

What is the ticket number?

energyx
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
So it just sounds like the replacement ATA is not connecting properly?

What is the ticket number?

WDI-535190

I can use my RTP300 without problem. I set up the new GT-502 the exact same way and it will not call out.

Thanks
Chris

VOIPoTim
03-16-2010, 06:39 PM
WDI-535190

I can use my RTP300 without problem. I set up the new GT-502 the exact same way and it will not call out.

Thanks
Chris

Everything looks fine on it, but it could be a NAT issue. Different devices function differently behind routers and something may need to be adjusted in the router.

I'm going to leave it in Tier II for a Tier II rep to respond tomorrow since you are up and running the the RTP300 for now.

VOIPoTim
03-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Everything looks fine on it, but it could be a NAT issue. Different devices function differently behind routers and something may need to be adjusted in the router.

I'm going to leave it in Tier II for a Tier II rep to respond tomorrow since you are up and running the the RTP300 for now.

Actually I just noticed it's running an old firmware. When you plugged it up, did you let it set for 5-10 minutes to update the firmware?

If not, please reboot it and then give it at least 10 minutes to update without using it/logging into it. It will only update when idle and reboot triggers it to do so.

energyx
03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
I waited 5-6 minutes. I can wait up to 10 or more if you think that would help. Brandon is doing some traces now.

energyx
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Just wanted to post a follow-up here to thank Tim for getting someone too look at this for me. The problem was apparently the Grandstream ATA not getting along with the 1.23 version of m0n0wall. Even though the other Linksys ATAs worked fine, the GT-502 did not like it. I upgraded to the current 1.31 of m0n0wall and it's working great.