PDA

View Full Version : Vonage deleted my phone number and my port isn't complete

panaman
03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I just signed up with voipo last week and got my Grandstream device all hooked up with two lines. I had two lines from vonage (I run a small part time business so I use the 2nd line for that). Anyway I only wanted the main home number ported so I did all that paper work and stuff. Got an email a few days ago that said the number should be ported by March 22.

I completely disconnected my vonage adpater and plugged the voipo one in and I forwarded my Vonage phone number to my temp. number for voipo.

I then called Vonage and told them to delete my 2nd number (the one i wasn't porting). I repeated the phone number about 6 times for her to cancel. She says its all complete. I hang up. I get an email that says they canceled my primary number and I can't even login to the vonage website now.
I call them back and asked why they deleted my number and they said it must have been an accident and that they can't give me my number back but they can give me a new one????????????????????????????????????

That wasn't going to work. So while I was on the line I had the person delete the 2nd number that I'm not using any more that should have been canceled the first time.

My question is.... will my number still port?
Right now if I dial that phone number it just rings disconnected. :-(

The email vonage sent me when it was disconnected says they keep the number for 30 days to be ported....
here is the blurb:

Your cancellation is effective March 16, 2010. You will no longer be able to make or receive calls using this Vonage line. This includes 911 calls; please remember in the event of an emergency, 911 dialing from your Vonage phone will no longer work and you will not be able to make a 911 call unless you have another form of telephone service.
o We will retain this Vonage phone number for 30 days from March 16, 2010 in case you want to transfer it to another phone service provider. If you do not transfer the number within 30 days, it will no longer be available to you.
o You'll continue to have access to your billing history for this line in your online account.

MisterEd
03-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Well, if they said they will hold it for 30 days so you can port it to another provider that seems to mean you will be able to port it to Voipo which is another provider. :)

panaman
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Well, if they said they will hold it for 30 days so you can port it to another provider that seems to mean you will be able to port it to Voipo which is another provider. :)

I hope you are right because my wife will be extremely mad with me if it doesn't happen

jlachowin
03-18-2010, 01:59 PM
What a crazy situation, all Vonages fault. I wish you the best, I'm sure it will turn out alright.

usa2k
03-18-2010, 02:27 PM
I hope you are right because my wife will be extremely mad with me if it doesn't happen
You should relay this information to VOIPo in a support email in case they can do something more assertive. I know when SunRocket imploded, they did not try to capture that market, but those who came to them resulted in some successful numbers being rescued.
(There are old forum posts that have said that - likely in the locked Alpha Forums.)