PDA

View Full Version : Times disconnections??

slimone
03-25-2010, 03:39 AM
I was on the phone last night..and after a period of time..I was disconnected.

I recalled the number and again..after a period of time..disconnect.

this happened 3 times.

I logged onto vpanel and noticed the disconnects were all at 42mins.

Is this a new rule or something?? :mad:

I logged a ticket last night..but I guess all were asleep. :eek:

VOIPoTim
03-25-2010, 03:45 AM
It's not meant to happen, no.

Our support center is open from 9AM-7PM Central Mon-Fri, so you should get a response to the ticket first thing in the morning when it re-opens.

ctaranto
03-25-2010, 06:13 AM
This is pretty funny. The same EXACT thing happened to my wife, twice, while talking to her mother this past Monday. Both calls were outbound, same state. My mother in law has FiOS for phone.

Called her at 9:59am, 42 minutes, disconnected. Called her back at 10:42am, 42 minutes, disconnected.

I filed a support ticket, was told they "applied a route treatment" for the specific number we were calling.

We haven't had an outbound call to this number longer than 30 minutes since, so we don't know if it helped. There was an inbound call from that number that lasted 66 minutes.

What's interesting is that there have been many calls to this number for 100+ minutes in the past without issues. There was "server maintenance" at 4am on Monday, and then this happens. Coincidence?

Strange...

-Craig

holmes4
03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow. Me too.... 42 minutes on Monday and again the previous Monday, and also my wife calling her mother. I did contact support and they "made some changes in my account" which were said to take care of the issue. On Thursdays I have had much longer outbound calls.

Perhaps this is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything?

VOIPoTim
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
The maintenance the other night didn't have anything to do with routing or any system-changes really, so this would be unrelated.

It was literally just adding more RAM to database servers. :)

holmes4
12-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Again on Monday, my wife's call to my mother-in-law got disconnected - this time at 45 minutes. My M-I-L heard a series of beeps (my wife did not) and then the disconnect happened. I submitted an issue to support yesterday morning, have not seen a response yet.