PDA

View Full Version : Vonage compare

usa2k
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Based on a Canton, MI Zip

Residential Basic 500 $24.95 monthly
Vonage Pro Classic Plan $44.26 monthly
Vonage World $33.81 monthly but there is some 6 month special price.

Thanks Vonage for making yourself less competitive :)

usa2k
04-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Apparently, other Vonage fees are the source of climbing rates.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Vonage-Jacks-Up-Fees-On-Users-107693

voipinit
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
??? That's not what's advertised at vonage.com under residential plans.

Basic 500 - $17.99
Vonage Pro - $34.99
Vonage World - $25.99 after 6 mo intro rate of $14.99

I will admit the above prices are before all their junk fees are added which adds several dollars/mo. It's unfortunate that a $17.99 plan is really $21.99 + tax. If customers stopped using them, the pricing game would cease.

usa2k
04-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I was comparing the sidebar at Vonage where they show the sign-up and monthly bottom line pricing. A applaud Vonage that they are up-front by including that pricing tool.

It just shows me how non-competitive they are. Let the millions in advertising proves they are very competitive to a less suspecting demographic. AOL pushed their product in a similar fashion. Household name, instill confidence, make it reliable, but make it cost something for their customers.

They are still better than the old telecom companies. Better pricing, more feature, better portability. Still no comparison to more agile companies. A platform like VOIPo is continually working on amassing a solid infrastructure that will have them beat on many levels.

Its a roundabout way of my saying that the VOIPo Reseller Plan should be a success.

themlruts
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I myself have had vonage way to expensive and customer services was so bad. I have had call centric not to bad but just switch to voipo very excited

timreichhart
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
see I am current customer of voipo and vonage and I can tell you I was on that old plan for 24.99 a month and I am 2 year customer of vonage and when I got my first bill it was only 28 a month then over a year or so they keep on jacking up the prices from 28 to 38 dollars a month. So what I did was I called into vonage and speak to cs rep then told cs rep that I was tried of pay 38 dollars a month so cs rep put me on hold then next then I know I was talking to a account manager of vonage and hold her that I was sick and tired of you guys jacking up the price so the account manager said that I will switch you to Calling Plan: $12.50 $12.50/12mo Residential Prem. Unlimited Plan with Unlimited Visual Voicemail/$24.99/mo Vonage World plan thereafter Change Plan
Calling Plan Start Date: Nov 14, 2009
Calling Plan End Date: Nov 13, 2010
Calling Plan Renewal: $24.99 Vonage World Plan

I think after I am done with the calling plan in nov I am porting my number to voipo and cancel over priced vonage.

themlruts
06-15-2010, 12:37 AM
these companys just take adavanged of us customers. I am sick and tired of it. They charge more but yet dont provide anymore. What the hell am i paying for then??