PDA

View Full Version : Get paid to help improve VOIPo documentation...

VOIPoTim
04-03-2010, 02:31 AM
We are looking for a BETA tester that has been in a past or current BETA that is very familiar with VOIPo features and the vPanel to help us improve our documentation.

This would be a paid consulting assignment where you would work with us and go through and document vPanel functionality and write clear, concise instructions on how to use vPanel features including making screenshots.

If interested, send me an e-mail at td@voipo.com to discuss.

VOIPoTim
04-21-2010, 08:02 AM
We are ready to start this, so I will be going through all the e-mails about this and replying today.

sun
10-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Are you still looking?

statustray
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Is this still on the table or no?

FarmerBob
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Still looking? I write technical manuals and completely understand Engineer to User.

VOIPoTim
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
We ended up opting to keep this in house due to the amount of work required to have a third-party do it. It seemed like we needed to outline everything for them anyway so it was about the same amount of work to just do it.

We rolled out the brand new knowledgebase last month and have been consistently working on adding to it and improving what's there.

We're continuing to work through it to improve it and add anything missing.

Our goal is to have a much more complete version by the end of the year.

mobamoba
01-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Did this manual ever happen? I'm a new customer and could use one - the knowledgebase isn't really a helpful way to browse through details about various features. As an example, it was only through trial and error that I figured out that you have to enter the failover forward number without dashes or it won't take. I still haven't figured out how to make the system accept my email address for voicemail.

Anyway, I don't really feel like calling support or posting in the forum for explanations of how the service works so, if you're looking for a new-user to beta-test the manual-in-progress, let me know!

karlkras
10-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Did this manual ever happen?

Apparently not.

tritch
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Apparently not.

All support documentation/FAQ's/knowledge base is found on Voipo's main website under "Support".

BillG49
10-17-2011, 09:12 AM
All support documentation/FAQ's/knowledge base is found on Voipo's main website under "Support".

Not exactly. There is a hard-to-find user manual found here: http://www.voipo.com/documentation/vPanel.pdf

dmitch
05-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow. That documentation is really buried. And that current revision is July 2010 - coming on two-years old. Is that the last time the UI was updated? It sure does need some attention. It is buggy and very hard to understand. Voipo needs to spend some resources on getting the kinks worked out - not to mention just making it professional. Very weak.

Tumultus
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Wow. That documentation is really buried. And that current revision is July 2010 - coming on two-years old. Is that the last time the UI was updated? It sure does need some attention. It is buggy and very hard to understand. Voipo needs to spend some resources on getting the kinks worked out - not to mention just making it professional. Very weak.
Well,
I guess VOIPO worries more about "functionality" rather than "user friendly". I hope that the upcoming new vPanel will have at least some descriptive text under each function. That makes it easier for the "average Joe" to know what he is doing. The good thing: VOIPO's customer care / support staff has very short turn-arounds. Still, lots of support requests could be avoided with a more descriptive user interface. :)